Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Desktop App update has been released on March 10, 2021

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
palanivel.gnanasekaran
4775 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Desktop App update has been released on March 10, 2021

Autodesk Desktop App (ADA) version 8.1.0.68 has been released on March 10, 2021. This new version supports both the new Autodesk installer, 'On-Demand Install Service' and the classic Install Framework.

ADA is designed to update itself whenever a new version becomes available. If you observe that the ADA you have installed has not been updated yet, do the following. You can find the version on the 'About' box of ADA.

#1 Check ADA self-update option -

Open the 'Settings' window (from the drop-down option of the 'Sign-in' control)
Ensure that the 'Automatically install any updates for this app' under 'Autodesk Desktop App updates' option is 'checked'
If it's unchecked, check the option, close the settings window, and may use the 'Check Now' option of the ADA system tray icon.

#2 ADA self-update option was selected but has not updated yet -

Right-click on the Autodesk Desktop App system tray menu and click 'Exit'
Open Task Manager > Service tab, right-click on AdAppMgrSvc and select Stop
Browse to %programdata%\Autodesk\ and Delete the SDS folder
Launch Autodesk Desktop App

#3 The latest version can be installed using this link, https://www.autodesk.com/desktop-app

We thank you all for your feedback via this and other forums. They are highly valuable to us as they help us improve this software.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Please provide an Opt-OUT option on regular (non-deployment-created) installations. Why is this not available? We don't want this installed on our user's PCs. Whenever we are forced to download and install (as opposed to installing from our network deployment) - we always have to go back and UNinstall the Desktop App.

This is a waste of our time. Hope you understand and can make this happen.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10

gdzie moge znależć klucz do Autodesk ?
Message 4 of 10

Jaki klucz Autodesk? @111540APDTQ 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: palanivel.gnanasekaran

excelente
Message 6 of 10

The Desktop App is not very useful. 

First of all under My Products and tools it includes a number of items such as AutoCad Web Application, Shared Views, Drive. When I click on link for OVERVIEW to see what they are it first takes me to US site instead of Canadian one, and the links are all garbled - one goes to subscription service, another to AutoCAD trial, etc. 

also, when I try to log out of desktop app it also affects my AutoCAD LT sig-in at same time!!!! 

I am not happy about the licensing changes as now I have my AutoCad booting me out every couple of days if I leave it running, and now I need to be logged on to AutoCAD to use it, now this glitchy app.  

Message 7 of 10

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to reply, provide feedback or PM you regarding your 5/17 post of the Autodesk Desktop App (ADA) version 8.2.0.34 has been released on May 17, 2021. 

It appears to have installed, but upon launch the blue processing circle never completes.

Tried the second option regarding the service and SDS folder, the issue persists

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Mark Martinez
ASTI
Message 8 of 10
mmartinez8
in reply to: mmartinez8

Had to get a bigger hammer, uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled from the link provided.

Thanks!
Mark Martinez
ASTI
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: palanivel.gnanasekaran

Since the latest update, the Desktop App keeps popping up after any restart of the system - for no reason. Why?

Get rid of this abomination entirely, and also the crappy licensing service that is invading the system. Registered users have to suffer, Blender is for free and being used more and more without any hassle whatsoever. Go figure...

Message 10 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

@d.wolf wrote:

Get rid of this abomination entirely, and also the crappy licensing service that is invading the system.

If you build a local deployment, there is an option to omit it.

Not sure about the new online deployments.

If you install from the downloaded files, there is no Opt-Out. Makes no sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report