Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 - Generative Design Update back in the Autodesk App after 2021.1 update

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lshannonEQEBT
1806 Views, 8 Replies

2021 - Generative Design Update back in the Autodesk App after 2021.1 update

So I installed the Generative Design v21.6.0 update, and then installed the 2021.1 update. Upon rebooting, I found the Generative Design update on the Autodesk App again. When I tried to install it again, I received a message stating that a newer version was already installed and then the install failed. Why is this back on my Autodesk App if it is already installed?

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
natasha.l
in reply to: lshannonEQEBT

Hello @lshannonEQEBT

The Autodesk Desktop app typically recognizes when applications & updates are installed, unless they were installed outside of the app.

You mentioned that the installation failed, so you have not fully installed the update, correct?

If the installation was unsuccessful please follow the steps below: 

1. Verify that you have a Windows Administrator account(full control) & that you are logged in
  2. Make sure to temporarily disable your Antivirus software, Firewall & UAC
  3. Try a Clean Uninstall of any previous installation attempts & from the Autodesk Desktop app or Autodesk Account install the product again

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 9
gbiallas
in reply to: natasha.l

I'm seeing the same update in my desktop app despite having a newer version (21.7.14.0) already installed. I have no idea where the newer version came from as it doesn't appear to be available from the Product Updates page of my Autodesk account.

Message 4 of 9
lshannonEQEBT
in reply to: natasha.l

@natasha.l 

I installed the update through the Autodesk App, and it worked just fine. Then I restarted and ran the update for 2021.1, and while it took much longer than expected, it finished as well. When I rebooted again, the original update for Generative Design was back, even though it is already installed. I just want to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the install that I just haven't noticed yet. Maybe an issue with the 2021.1 update?

Message 5 of 9

Your current configuration should be fine as is.  This issue arose because the Revit 2021.1 Update includes a newer version of Generative Design and we didn't remove the older version of Generative Design upon its release.  This action has been completed and you should no longer see this unnecessary entry in the Autodesk Desktop App.

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 6 of 9

@Tony_Michniewicz 

Thank you Tony!

Message 7 of 9

Message 8 of 9

I am having the exact same problem today. Seems the old update wasn't fully removed yet.

Update: After checking for updates again the faulty update is now gone.

Message 9 of 9

Generative Design wird noch immer angezeigt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report