Autodesk Community Tips - AutoCAD Products
Autodesk Community Tips are bite-sized fixes, shortcuts, advice, and how-to tips shared by Community members.

But I Don't Want the Quick Measure Command!

Contributed by:

Tips & Tricks Banner V1.0_Quick Measure.png

As many know, the Quick Measure command has become the default in the ribbon since it's inception.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 082514.png

So, how do you change the default to something other than the Quick Measure? Read on to find out...

First, you are going to type in CUI into the command line. If you are using AutoCAD, once the dialog box opens, on the left-hand side, expand Ribbon, then expand Tabs, and expand Home. Notice the panel name is Utilities.  If you are using Civil 3D, go down to Partial Customization Files, ACAD, Ribbon, Tabs, Home - 2D, Home - Utilities. In this case, I'm using Civil 3D. See the pic below...

Screenshot 2022-10-18 083814.png

Once you select the Utilities panel on the left, notice on the right in the Panel Preview area that it shows the Measure button from the ribbon. Click on it. When you do, it will expand the Measure options shown in the ribbon.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 084151.png

Here you are simply going to drag the Quick option to any location below the Primary Command. In my case, I'm going to drag it below Distance.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 084330.png

With this set now, click OK and notice now that my default is Distance and not Quick.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 084451.png

That simple! Enjoy!

Comments

Nice tip @ToddRogers-WPM