cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Fido U2F Authentication

Hardware Fido U2F Authentication

I would like to see support for security hardware keys, like Fido U2F.
This is particularly important as Autodesk develops more cloud products, which is storing more and more sensitive project data.
14 Comments
Chad-Smith
Advisor

I'll also add Fido2 to this request.

Chad-Smith
Advisor

Giving this idea a bump now that the leading hardware security company Yubico has released their new line of FIDO2 compliant keys.

It would nice to be able to apply world-leading security to our Autodesk account.

Oh, and to make two-factor authentication compulsory via the Autodesk Management Portal.

leowarren34
Mentor

Definitely these security posts are becoming super common now, why wouldnt a company with trillions of dollars in IP behind their accounts why wouldnt they have good security but 2 fac is needed especially hardware and other methods such as companions devices, usb and fingerprints...

Chad-Smith
Advisor

And one other thing I'm going to add, why do the ADSK accounts not have the ability to generate backup codes should the primary method/s fail?

ADSK is way behind on the account security methods.

leowarren34
Mentor

Security feels like a no thought rather than an after thought, it only takes one hack and it'll come tumbling down, we want to be proactive!

Chad-Smith
Advisor

I'll just keep adding the advancements in this security to this thread.

Android has received certified FIDO2 support, meaning that we on Android devices can now more securely and easily signing without needing a password.

https://www.wired.com/story/android-passwordless-login-fido2/

Come on Autodesk, this is not a matter of if, but when. At this stage FIDO2 is the future, it isn't going away as it grows in support, so you may as well get on board sooner than later.

You don't have to make it mandatory, but it should at least be an account option as the mainstream users are educated.

leowarren34
Mentor

Security is definitely needed and whilst FIDO is excellent a 2FA would be better than nothing, use a code generator or even better a yes or no verify.

Chad-Smith
Advisor

Autodesk, no excuses now after the W3C has ratified the protocol under WebAuthn.

https://www.yubico.com/2019/03/w3c-standardizes-webAuthn/

leowarren34
Mentor

Absolutely, ratified yesterday (4/3/19)

Just so behind, just keep going @Chad-Smith 

Emily.M.Svensson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Hello,

It will be possible to implement Hardware Fido U2F Authentication with SSO, which will be available in June for customers on the Premium plan. 

Best,
Emily

Chad-Smith
Advisor

@Emily.M.Svensson When is this coming to non-Premium accounts?

Chad-Smith
Advisor

@Emily.M.Svensson Checking in again to see when this is coming to non-Premium accounts? Security should be a priority, not a privilege.

I have both a personal (hobby) ADSK account and a work ADSK account. Both are equally important to protect.

Also, Premium is not available to all businesses; it's dependant on size. So why are some businesses allowed to protect their data, and not others.

Having this tied to Premium makes absolutely no sense.

Emme.j.pettersson
Community Visitor

Still no updates 😕

Chad-Smith
Advisor

And now with both Google and Apple rolling this into their mobile devices as 'Passkeys', and into desktop/laptop machines, there is no reason why this shouldn't be rolled out en-masse to all Autodesk accounts.

As I said in my previous post, security should not be a privilege.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report