cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Autodesk Updates to not require user permission to update

All Autodesk Updates to not require user permission to update

Hello,

I find this very troubling and painful for installation and updates of any Autodesk applications, our company doesn't provide their users with any admin control, (and its their policy which cannot be changed).

The issue is with Autodesk Desktop App, when updating it will request for installation for an admin to login, which would be best that it doesn't.

It is worse for installing the installation has issues whereby the only way to install is when the admin is logged in as a user to start the installation.

It would be best you take a page from Adobe playbook, whereby once the Desktop App is installed that any application and can be installed or updated without any admin intervention. Then we can get on with work without disturbing the boss every 30 seconds, to update Inventor or to install Maya.

Please please please could you integrate this into the Desktop App.

10 Comments
aaron.tw
Alumni

Status changed to: Gathering Support

Thank you for your feedback! We hear you and we will be sure to follow up with the Product Manager of the Autodesk Desktop App with this idea. 

Thank you, 

Payton Smith

aaron.tw
Alumni

aaron.tw
Alumni

aaron.tw
Alumni

bozworld
Explorer

I've been wanting this for so long. Adobe and Google both do this. Will be so neat if Autodesk can too.

Status changed to: Archived

leowarren34
Mentor

Definitely needed as do you really need admin rights to upgrade software from an official app for software that already installed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well archiving this makes me think this might not happen 😞

I'm only guessing that it's not easy for them to implement and they are not confident that a direct update and install won't bug out the software.

The only one which works well is fusion360 without admin intervention, I had to move over to fusion because my computer wasn't updated frequently and now everyone's has gone on to 2019 I'm still stuck with 2018 because the IT guy keeps forgetting to update my computer.

Mo

leowarren34
Mentor

Yeah, its a balance between independance and security.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report