AutoCAD Raster Design Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What format should I use to convert to vector? PDF, JPG, TIFF.???

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3131 Views, 3 Replies

What format should I use to convert to vector? PDF, JPG, TIFF.???

Hi Everyone,

We have Autocad Raster Design 2015 and I have a map that I need converted so I can use in Civil 3d.  Instead of spending hours tracing over the map I thought I would give our Raster Design i try.  So what would be the best file ext. to use to convert to vector? PDF, JPG, or TIFF.  Also is there a youtube video or a step by step tutorial that can show me a quicker way to do it??  I have attached the image I'm trying to convert.  My goal here is to get the outline of the Island, all the roads (which isn't much), and some of the major streams.

Thank you!!!

J

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
diane.cloutier
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi J,

You could use a JPG or TIFF file in AutoCAD Raster Design 2015 to convert your raster to vector data.  PDF files are not supported at this time.

One thing to note is that you will want to convert your image to bitonal before using the Follower tools to create your vector lines.  I have created a short video on how to do this which can be found here:  http://autode.sk/18jwo99

I am not aware of any YouTube videos or online tutorials, but there is some information in the Help file within the program.  Here are some of the topics that may be of use:

• AutoCAD Raster Design Getting Started > Using Vector Follow Tools
  • AutoCAD Raster Design User’s Guide > Converting Raster Entities to Vector
  • AutoCAD Raster Design User’s Guide > Following Polylines
  • AutoCAD Raster Design Tutorials > Vectorization Tutorial

Hope that helps.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: diane.cloutier

Thank you!!!
Message 4 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

you might want to read the lower left corner very carefully.  the line that starts with the c in the circle 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report