AutoCAD Raster Design Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I start Raster Design 2016 in Windows 10?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1001 Views, 3 Replies

How do I start Raster Design 2016 in Windows 10?

Our IT department recently replaced my Win7 computer with a Win10 computer and then loaded AutoCAD 2016 & Raster Design 2016.  In past installations, a raster design icon was placed on the desktop.  The first time it was used, a Raster Menu was placed in AC2016.

I can't figure out how to get Raster Design to run on the Win10 computer (nor can IT dept).  

I tried the Custom User Interface (command CUI).  Went to All Customizations Files > ACAD > Partial Customization Files > AutoCAD Raster Design > Menus > Raster.  Right clicked on Raster and selected Copy.  Then went to All Customizations Files > ACAD > Menus.  Right clicked on Menus and selected Paste.  The Raster menu appeared after Help in Menus.  When Apply or OK on the Custom User Interface dialog box was clicked, I got the messages: 1) "Write permission denied. Unable to create: 'c\program files\autodesk\autocad raster design 2016\userdatacache\support\aecco.cuix'"; and 2) "Unable to save to the following location: 'c\program files\autodesk\autocad raster design 2016\userdatacache\support\aecco.cuix'. Please choose a new file name or location and try again."

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous - this sounds like a user permissions issue.  Typically AutoCAD products require local admin rights, and full admin rights during installation and when running the secondary installer on the first run.

Note that the 2016 products are not supported under Win 10 operating system.  That doesn't mean they will never work, but there may very well be problems encountered.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
sharpl
in reply to: Anonymous

I have it installed, but the Aecco.cuix is still no where to be found. I really need it to work and soon, Any Autodesk experts, please help. (Yes I did reboot and tried thru cui  and Roaming/ Support, and user/Autodesk, it is not found. I am running Win 10. Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
sharpl
in reply to: sharpl

Actually, all it takes an intelligent WIN10 is to reinstall it twice. Yes it is compatible!!!

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report