cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Lite functionality in Plant/P&ID with Vault

SQL Lite functionality in Plant/P&ID with Vault

Desire Plant 3D/P&ID Vault SQL Lite projects with the same capability that Bim 360 Team has to allow long distance project work sharing.  Currently Vault can only use SQL server and that is NOT a good system for cross planet work sharing.  Will use BIM 360 Team, but Autodesk needs to supply an on premises work share solution to customers who are cloud intolerant.

2 Comments
mcarlton71
Enthusiast

I agree!  I have been struggling with trying to collaborate amongst our global offices on P3D projects.  My company freaks out if I mention cloud collaboration.  Vault and plant have proven to be a total disaster both times we have tried to use it.  Plant over VPN is unusable and always seems to result in data getting corrupted due to network lag over the vpn and firewall.  I have 2 projects that are working wonderfully using the cloud collaboration on my personal fusion 360 account (unbeknownst to management....but work must get done).  it would be great to have a simple, secure, legit solution to collaboration in P3D without having to go full on Bim360.

ukf
Contributor
Contributor

Working with P3D projects on BIM 360 has an huge problem. It is impossible to get access to the database (dcf file) from external programs, because it become invisible in BIM 360!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report