cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation of symbols inline / why does not Endline Instrument Class exist

Rotation of symbols inline / why does not Endline Instrument Class exist

We do we not have Endline instruments. The big advantage would be that the instruments like pressure measurement could be there. (They sit typical

at the end of a line). The general instrument symbols can not be mapped to 3D.

I can have default values there and I can use the acquisition methode for general instrument symbols to transport information to these symbols too.

Today both instrument and signal have to be drawn with "general Symbols" and the acquisition is not possible.

There is a difference between an physical instrument and a signal bubble. So it would be a big help if this would be possible to differ in Autodesk

P&ID too. From the graphical side yes the symbols are maybe the same. But the information engineers need are completely different. Reporting is

different.

There are two way's which are possible for me to make life easier:

1. The best would be an own Endline instrument class. (no rotation of bubble like in general instruments).

2. remove the rotation of the bubbles inside the inline instrument class. Then I could place all my instruments in this class as use

the acquisition method to transport information from the instrument to the signal bubble. Mapping would we possible for 3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost