AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valves from client spec will not insert in model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KSchieck
243 Views, 6 Replies

Valves from client spec will not insert in model

Hey everyone,

I just finally received Plant 3d specs from our client to attempt to use in our models as opposed to the seemingly laborious task of creating our own catalogs/specs.

They did not provide us with the catalog files with the specs.

My issue is, I can model and use all parts of their specs just fine and they all seem to work... except the valves!  I cannot insert a valve of any type.  Since I cannot modify the specs, is there something I am missing here?

Can I reverse engineer the catalog from the multitude of specs I have?  Seems if I try to export the spec to an excel file, it just hangs up the spec editor and nothing ever happens.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-KS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
h_eger
in reply to: KSchieck

Dear @KSchieck ,

Are the valves supplied by the customer in his Pipe Spec created from user defined 3D blocks and not from the standard parameterised valves?
The way you write this, the block-based valves are missing.

25-02-_2023_04-32-53.jpg

Unfortunately, you cannot use the Valves without this folder structure.
It is possible to generate a catalogue from a pipe class, but you also need all the master data from the content folder.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
KSchieck
in reply to: h_eger

Hey thanks for the input.  I believe they have used the parameterized valves from the standard "ASME Pipes and Fittings Catalog", however they seem to have renamed it to "*Client* ASME Pipes and Fittings Catalog".  I tried to copy and rename the included ASME Pipes and Fittings to match their naming convention and it will not pull the data from my renamed folder.  Any further suggestions?

Thanks

KS

Message 4 of 7
h_eger

No, unfortunately not. Without the content folder from your client, you will not be able to use any fittings in your Plant 3D project.
Can you send us the error message when you try to create a valve in your Plant 3D project with this customer pipe spec?

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
KSchieck
in reply to: h_eger

Unfortunately, there is no error message... is just does not insert the part.

Thanks

-KS

Message 6 of 7
h_eger

Please contact Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D Support.
I have not yet encountered such behaviour.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
dave.wolfe

If the client made custom block based valves, those would need to come over from their machine or network folder. The default location is c:\Autocad plant 3D 20xx\CatalogSupportFolder

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report