AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support on sloped pipe

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1313 Views, 8 Replies

Support on sloped pipe

Hello everybody. I have one problem. I have plant2017 and i want to rotate support on required angle. But everytime when i try it has wcs coordinates (support has one fixed plane) But I have on my project supports (same as not rotated) which are rotates with sloped pipe. So my question is how it is possible. Rotated supports was migrated from plnt2014. I tried everything with 3D rotate, change settings of mine support but without success. I attach printscreen of my problem. Many thanks for help and advices.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

You have to switch to the view of your pipeline, after that it works over rotate.
It only works every 2 times

http://autode.sk/2kWG16X

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

Many thanks but I cant achieved your results. Your video is cutted on the edges and language of plant is set to German. Could you record your video in English with full size of your screen or write to me whole process step by step. Thanks to you

Message 4 of 9
h_eger

Hi @Anonymous,

Screencast does not work with 4k resolution.
Sorry
!

The next time will be sure to produce the video in English

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks to answer, but can you send to me whole process step by step (word or notepad or pdf)? I will be  very thankful. Because from that video i dont get it and when i rotate that support i get disconnected part. Thanks

Message 6 of 9
ryan.bales

Currently this is not possible. The only solution is the workaround @h_eger posted and or the following with a block based version:

1-Select the pipe  support not correctly oriented
2-Explode that support to a block reference
3-Rotate the support from the refrence point with the exact value of the slope Angle (should be the insertion point in the middle of the pipe)
(Before rotating you may need to change UCS orientation to perform a 2d rotation correctly, or eventually directly a 3d rotate)
4-Convert the block (the exploded support) to a support via PLANTPIPESUPPORTCONVERT by selecting an insertion point in the sloped pipe.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 7 of 9

is there a way to create a pipe support that can auto aligned to sloped pipes?

Message 8 of 9
h_eger

no Still not!

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
MarcJaye.Genoza

thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost