AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separate iso by change in property, custom prop disappearing after applying

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ross82STJ
427 Views, 2 Replies

separate iso by change in property, custom prop disappearing after applying

Hi there,

I have modeled a few new pipelines and now wish to generate some ISO's. I tried just running quick iso but the order was all over the place and for some reason, some flanges/valves were given an entire ISO instead of being incorporated into others. Done some research and learned about the start and breakpoint tools, applied them, better but still the same issues. Further digging and I learned that some people created a custom property to differentiate pipe run components on the same pipeline number from each other and then use the separate iso by change in property feature when creating ISO's as a way of controlling what is displayed on each drawing, eliminating the issues discussed above.

So, I added the custom property to pipe run components (Iso_Number) and then assigned segments iso numbers (e.g. 3002-2). However, whenever i attempt to add the Iso_Number property to the Separate by a change in property list it disappears when hitting apply!

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm really keen to resolve this and produce some iso's!

Many Thanks

Ross

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MateusMaciel
in reply to: ross82STJ

This happened to me when I entered a property with "_", try using the "IsoNumber" property.

mateustilapa@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
ross82STJ
in reply to: MateusMaciel

That sorted it out, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report