AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling the size of the OPC "Not Connected" Flag

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
702 Views, 8 Replies

Scaling the size of the OPC "Not Connected" Flag

Hello All,

I've been struggling to find where in the project manager to edit this, but long story short: I was given a project in a "weird" scale, so I was able to scale all the objects back down to normal. However, as I begin to input OPC's, I find that the error symbol did not scale down as well (see attached).

The picture shows the standard size for my OPC flag, as well as the unfortunately LARGE error flag that hides the OPC underneath.

Is there a block solely for the error symbol?

Thanks for any help,

-Joe

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Joe,

was the initial project PIP or ISA (imperial)?
If the target Prokjet DIN, ISO etc. (metric)?

It is not possible to scale the bitmaps.

We have the problem in the other direction DIN -> PIP the bitmaps are very small Smiley Frustrated
I know of no solution of the problem.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

Hartmut,

Both projects were PIP, but conveniently enough, the flag is scaled to ~25.4 times as large as I expect it to! So there's definitely a mm to in exchange somewhere in there. 

I assumed the graphic would be stored somewhere in the Autodesk file settings somewhere so I could rescale it, but I've had no luck either.

Message 4 of 9
h_eger

Sorry but I have no idea.
you can attach this drawing?
so we can test better in order to find the problem.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I've attached a test drawing I've been playing around with. It has an OPC connected to a line, with the "not connected" image covering up the OPC. It also has just a blank OPC not connected to anything to show the actual block size.

I suspect the drawing alone may not show any issues (if it does, then great). However, I am unsure I can post the entire project at this time. If it comes down to it, I may need to set up a new project and then copy all the drawings in.

Message 6 of 9
h_eger

Hi Joe,

so now it gets complicated
For me it is no problem with Plant 2016 Ext 1 SP2.

08-04-_2016_17-58-29.jpg

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

So, it's definitely a project setting, not drawing-specific. When I open the drawing OUTSIDE of its project, no problem occurs.

This leads to one of two options:

1. The hardest option, figure out the actual root of the problem.

2. Are there any reprecussions to starting a new project and copying my drawings over to the new one? In theory it seems like the easy fix, but I don't want to lose a bunch of data by copying drawings over.

Message 8 of 9
h_eger

Point 2. It is no problem to take the solution to create a new project and copy all the drawings in the new project.

When configuring both projects must be the same otherwise it does not work with the copy of the drawings.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hartmut,

Thanks for keeping up on the issue.

I ended up creating a new project and copying the drawings. However, to keep everything in scale, I did have to change from metric to imperial units. (It does not affect me much either way for P&ID drawings).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta