AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

routing pipe cannot plane or bend

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1590 Views, 7 Replies

routing pipe cannot plane or bend

Hello

I cannot continue routing the pipe. it goes just straight and i cant change the direction which was available normal befor but i was trying to fix the connection sitting and the auto flange error message by modifying the joints and adding more options for the ends.

everytime i start routing error message comes: PLANT 3D PIPING ERROR.  CONNOT CONNECT PARTS.

I dont know what i changed or what command i used but i cant route or connect anymore.

this screen shot is for the situation how it is now :

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JohnHolder
in reply to: Anonymous

My first though is to check your pipe spec to make sure there are 90 ells - something could have happened to it?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 3 of 8
Peter_Jansoone

If you changed the joint connections, you might have disabled them ? Try getting back the previous version of DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml in your project root folder. Or get one from another project.

Always make a backup of that file before changing it !!!

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JohnHolder

Hello John,

Is really nice from you to answer and try to help my beginner skills. thank you.

I really tried to check and add the 90 ells even 45 and i tried by adding from spec veiwer to the tool palette, create and ensert to model. I checken with my leak knowldege the spec editor and adding from the catalog the 90 ells. I am really not sure about how am i doing it but it is still the problem.

I took these scr shots so you can understand better i hope, i tried to take all the scr shots which is posible to help,

thank you so much for help.

Leheng

Message 5 of 8
Peter_Jansoone

if you toggle a joint connection to work as metric/imperial it ill ONLY be valid for metric/imperial and no longer for metric/metric or imperial/imperial.

If a joint needs to work in all cases you will need to create it tiwce,once with and once without the metric/imperial toggle.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

Hi Peter,

I just post with other screen shots so please check them to be more help full.Thanks so much for answering.

Can you please tell me how i can gett back to the previous version, and please the link or how i can have this back up ( the commond or the way), this would be the most helpfull, thanks man

Message 7 of 8
Peter_Jansoone

Retrieval of a previous version would be an IT issue, unless your network infrastructure provides this (try right-clicking the file and check if there's a 'previous version' tab).

Back-up is bya simple copy/paste of the file itself.

But on your screenshot I can see that you can correct the settings by adding joint connections. Fro each Metric/imperial connection you need an identical version without the imperial/metric toggle.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

Thank youuuu.

You did it man, I canceled the metric/imperial joints and it worked good again.

and thanks for the tip about DefultConnectorsCongif, In the right click there is to restore to previous version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta