AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled pipe bends - weight in ISO BOM

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
l_fatych
375 Views, 10 Replies

Pulled pipe bends - weight in ISO BOM

I have trouble when generating iso drawing from pulled pipe bend pipe. When It is onle pipe  - it works ok and the weight equals Linear Weight x Total Length.

But when I put there some inline asset (flange, T-piese, valve etc.) in the weight cell I have value of total weight only bends (without main pipe). I tried versions 2023. 2024 and 2025. Tried standard Specs whatever. 

MAybe somebody had such problem and could help me.

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
km4504
in reply to: l_fatych

Are you looking for something similar to this?

km4504_0-1721760790215.png

If my reply was helpful, please give a Kudos or click the Accept as Solution button below (or both).
Message 3 of 11
l_fatych
in reply to: km4504

Hello, almost.

I recorded a video where bag is shown...

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 11
km4504

When you draw your line the first time is it a bend or elbow? If it is a bend it will iso the whole line as pipe until you convert it to pipes and bends. If you want to model it from parts, you have to have a bend in your spec. If you need to have elbows in the rest of your model this would be the only way to achieve this since. If you had the catalog you could add another elbow to your spec and change the type to bend. A work around for not having the catalog to add bend.

km4504_0-1721816343873.png

If my reply was helpful, please give a Kudos or click the Accept as Solution button below (or both).
Message 5 of 11
l_fatych

It is every time bent pipe.

I don't want to use bends from catalog, just bent pipe and thats it. Up to DN50 we don't use elbows or prefabricated bends, we just bend pipe on the site.

The problem is only general weight of this bent pipe, which is wrong in ISO BOM when I add to this pipe any inline asset.

Message 6 of 11
km4504

Going to look at the table again.

Message 7 of 11
l_fatych

It is not the issue.

You can try that in your program and you will see. The weight s calculated for all the elements in the row. If I had 5 flanges there would showed 5 x flange weight.

The problem is only with pulled pipe. 

When it is alone - the weight is correct. When I add there some inline asset (it can be T-piese for example) the weight is shown there - it is the some only of bent part of the pipe, not all the pipe.

I know the issue, I just don't know solution. As for me it is bug of Plant3d which has to be solved by Autodesk

Message 8 of 11
km4504

I can see what you are saying now. I recreated what you did and I did notice that with the pipe with bends as one piece does not include the total weight even the pipe weight is not correct. The only way I corrected it was to convert them to pipe and bends. That showed the correct weight, which is what you did in the last part of your video. Would you agree on that?

Bug yes, solution, I will do some research. 

Message 9 of 11
l_fatych

Yes. I agree with you.

That is exactly whar I wanted to say. Thank you for your help

Message 10 of 11
km4504

Put the flanges at the end of your pulled pipe and see what happens. I got the total weight. I think putting the flanges in the middle of the line broke the pulled pipe weight. Changing it to two spools.

Message 11 of 11
l_fatych

It works a bit more silly when you split pulled pipe bend. When you do that - it shows total weight only bends - withou straight part of the pipe. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report