AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project changes when I start a new ortho drawing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ray_Benson
721 Views, 4 Replies

Project changes when I start a new ortho drawing

Hi

I have been setting up Plant 3D with our company Title block for Ortho drawings. I have been working on the file and saving it as a template file. I have no problems with the layout and the fields working on the title block. It all works fine.

The problem is when I start a new project and start a new ortho drawing the project switches back to an older project in the project manager and the new file is listed under that older project.

What am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ZZikic
in reply to: Ray_Benson

Hello Ray,

I have seen this issue as well.  The problem is the ortho template that you are using to generate the ortho drawing in this particular project has been "corrupted" in that I mean that it has been saved from a project session and not from an AutoCAD session logged out from all projects.  Therefore, all orthos created with this template will be associated with the project that has been "baked-into" this template file.  I would go back to the out-of-the-box ortho template and recreate your custom template with any company specific layers, blocks, dimstyles, etc... that you may require.  Remember to be careful to not be logged into a project when you do this as it will associate the template with the logged into project instead of it being a "vanilla" template.

Best of luck!  I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5
Ray_Benson
in reply to: ZZikic

Thanks Zeke

I will start from scratch. Thanks for your help.

Ray

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ZZikic

Zeke, how do you create a "vanilla" template?  I cannot open any drawing in Plant3D without having a project active.

I am also experiencing this issue where a .dwt file created while in "Project A" will cause all new drawings to activate "Project A" in the project manager, regardless of what project I am currently working in.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 5 of 5
ZZikic
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Chris,

I would recommend going back to an original out-of-the-box Autodesk template file to create your new "vanilla" project template.  They are normally found in the following folder:

C:\Users\_YOURUSERNAME_\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2019\R23.0\enu\Template\...

I would suggest you use:

Plant 3D ANSI -Color Dependent Plot Styles.dwt

Copy it to your the location specified in your project you use as your template.

Best regards,

Zeke

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta