Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Backup Error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bquataert
596 Views, 7 Replies

Project Backup Error

Good day, 

My company is utilizing P3D P&ID only at this point (walk before you can run). All has gone well so far with just the anticipated learning pains. We have a project with 49 P&ID's.

A) I have been able to create project back-ups in the past without issue. Now when I try and create a back-up I get an error message (see snip-it below). I select the continue option. I let it sit for about an hour and a half before giving up on it. Noting seems to be happening. It may be coincidental that about the same time frame this stopped working a co-worker was importing pipeline spec information (I realize no one can be in the project to be able to create a back-up). Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and able to point me to where I can find a solution. 

B) As an aside, when I try to run Audit Project from Project Manager the program will bring up the Drawing1 tab, then nothing. I let this churn for about an hour. Am I just not giving the program enough time? There is nothing that shows me the program is actually doing anything. 

As always and help or direction is greatly appreciated!

bquataert_0-1648222670884.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
matt.worland
in reply to: bquataert

According to the error, it looks like your paths are too long. I'm not sure if it's the path you are backing up to or the path of the current project. Maybe try to backup to a different folder.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Thumbs Up" or "Accept as Solution"
Message 3 of 8
bquataert
in reply to: matt.worland

Thank you for the quick reply Matt.

Where can I set the path for the back-up location. When I launch I do not get a dialog-box and I did not see it in project setup. 

Message 4 of 8
bquataert

A little more fuel for the fire. I went to another and tried to create a back-up. It worked fine. Arrgghh

What I may have done the last time I created a backup for this project, in order to make things easier (hahaha) I may have changed the back-up file location from the default (C:\Users\user\Documents) to a network location where the project is stored. Just a thought. Any ideas on how to reset the path when the dialog-box does not come up?

Message 5 of 8
h_eger

Dear @bquataert ,

You don't get this dialog with the Projakt Backup?

28-03-_2022_08-51-22.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
bquataert
in reply to: h_eger

thank you for the reply @h_eger . Unfortunately on this project I do not get that, or any, dialog box after launching project backup. As mentioned, It did initially work as expected but I believe I used the change path option to a network address instead of a local path and it may be the reason it gives the error. I would be happy to try and change it back if I could find another way to initiate the process and get the dialog box back. The backup still works as expected on other projects. 

Message 7 of 8

Having this same issue as well. It happens prior to the window where you select where to save the backup. I'm going to dig through this error to see if I can find some clues on what can be done to resolve the issue. Past backups on this same project worked as expected. Obviously too many characters somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's a newer file or what. I will add an update if we figure it out.

Message 8 of 8

Hi to all, 

same problem, i could not also  get 
"dialog with the Projekt Backup" 😭

Same error Mesage

milicsrdjan_0-1714641327020.png

Srdan 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report