AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with adding auto connection to different types of flanges

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dobrochna.trawinska
345 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with adding auto connection to different types of flanges

Hello, I have a problem with auto connection in Plant3D. In spec I have 3 different types of flanges (facing B, CL/DL and E/F). I want the flanges B to be connected with B, CL to be connected with DL and E to be connected with F. Each connection works when I choose the flange "by hand". When I place the flange on pipe the auto connection works for flanges B and CL/DL - it is set in DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml for AutoFlange as follows <Filter>C1.NominalDiameter=E1.NominalDiameter AND C2.NominalDiameter=E2.NominalDiameter AND ((C1.Facing IN ('E','F') AND E1.Facing IN ('E','F')) OR C1.Facing=E1.Facing) AND C1.EndType='FL' AND C1.PressureClass=E1.PressureClass</Filter>. When I add to DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml the connection CL/DL like that <Filter>C1.NominalDiameter=E1.NominalDiameter AND C2.NominalDiameter=E2.NominalDiameter AND ((C1.Facing IN ('E','F') AND E1.Facing IN ('E','F')) OR (C1.Facing IN ('CL','DL') AND E1.Facing IN ('CL','DL')) OR C1.Facing=E1.Facing) AND C1.EndType='FL' AND C1.PressureClass=E1.PressureClass</Filter> it stops working. What am I doing wrong? Can somebody help me?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Have you found a solution?
I had a similar problem.

李榕华

13489140049@qq.com

Message 3 of 4

@dobrochna.trawinska  i suugest make the diffrent end code for flange and make the new joint set up.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 4 of 4

Dear @dobrochna.trawinska ,

My problem has been solved. You can refer to it.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/invalid-part-flange-is-missing-needed-port-s/t... 

李榕华

13489140049@qq.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report