AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D/ Vault freezes every 10-30 sec.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
350 Views, 3 Replies

Plant 3D/ Vault freezes every 10-30 sec.

Hi,

I our organisation (20-30 users) we have a lot of trouble with Plant 3D (2019) freezing/locking up for about 5 seconds every 10-30 second. We are using Vault to manage most projects. The project we are working on now is rather big, but split in a lot of small DWGs and only assembled in a NWD-file, so no big DWGs.

I'm not a P3D/Vault-setup genius and to help solve our problem you probably need a lot of information about our configuration, hardware and setup. So if you just ask I'll try to find the information for you I just don't know where to start. ☺

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Thomas Thomsen (Mech. Eng.)

Denmark

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bgerig
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Thomas

Our Vault and Plant 3d users where experiencing the same thing. A couple things have worked for us.

First if you work with your properties palette open, try closing it while you work. Plant 3d seemed to hesitate while it was looking in the database.

Second if you can, work on the project offline (not connected to vault).

Plant 3d is probably hesitating because it is trying to read information from the database that is across a network and the network may be slow to respond so plant 3d waits. We have found this to be an issue on good networks with Vault and Plant 3d.

Please let me know if this solves your issue and mark as a solution if it does.

Thank you

Brady Gerig
Shambaugh and Son
Message 3 of 4
Gokhan_Kaya

Hi

İf you use borrow, You can Try a solution offer this topic

Forumlarımızda çözülen sorularınızı "ÇÖZÜM OLARAK KABUL ET" ("Accept as Solution") seçimiyle işaretlemeyi lütfen unutmayın.
Beğendiğiniz mesajları lütfen "Övgü Puanı" ("Kudo") ile ödüllendirin.

Gökhan Kaya
Tehcnical Manager
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional 2015
LinkedIn

MSI WS 60 i7 Quadro M2000M

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you very much for your suggestions. 

We are now having an investergation in the company, because the error lies somewhere between P3D, Vault and the server. The program freeze every time it needs some information from Vault. So now our CAD-supplier is looking into the problem.

Again, thank you. I'll get back to you, when we know what is wrong.

Br.

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report