AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D Grating in Navisworks

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mattias.thorwid
611 Views, 2 Replies

Plant 3D Grating in Navisworks

Hello,

We quite often use the structure features in P3D for layout work, and it's a known issue that grating isn't properly displayed in Navisworks... I am aware of the work around with nwcout and so on.

However, a colleague showed me a model where he got the 2D cross hatch (2D wireframe) to show in Navisworks straight from .dwg which at least gave a better visual representation than nothing. The problem is that he doesn't have the P3D object enabler installed, and therefore elbows etc only show as wireframe.

This got us thinking and there seems to be an issue where the object enabler actually makes the grating look "worse" than without. Is there any way that someone could look into this issue?!

Best regards,
Mattias

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
h_eger
in reply to: mattias.thorwid

Dear @mattias.thorwid ,

I don't know any way to change this.
I have briefly tested with Advance Steel 2023 also there gratings are displayed as solid bodies.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Ray_K
in reply to: mattias.thorwid

Try model all grating, use NWCOUT and append nwc file to navisworks.

grating-nwc.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta