AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping components missing from 3D Model

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2673 Views, 7 Replies

Piping components missing from 3D Model

I opened a 3D piping file this morning. All components were displaying properly upon loading. A new block was added to this file to display a new equipment skid. This new block was created from an AutoCAD file that had imported a .STP file into it. When the block was added to the piping file, everything seemed to be displaying fine. The new block was relocated and the piping file saved. After closing the piping file and reopening it, several created components from existing ASME catalog components (flex hoses, valves...) no longer displayed in the model.

Even though these components do not now display in the 3D model, They DO display on any orthographic viewports created from the model. They do not show up in the viewport block, but do show up when the hidden line function is performed on the drawing.

attempts at addressing this (to no avail) include:

1.  Changing consolidation mode value

2.  Turning on/off Hardware Acceleration value

3.  Changing all Visual Styles

Software version = AutoCAD Plant 3D 2018, Windows 10. Attached .JPG shows where inline components are missing.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Tomislav.Golubovic
in reply to: Anonymous

If you remove that block, what happens?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Tomislav.Golubovic

I have not yet removed the block from the original file. If I try to place the same missing components in that original file somewhere else in-line, it breaks the line and acts like it is placing the component (and mating flanges show up), but the component itself is not visible. This happens in the original file with the block still present.

However, I did make a copy of this original file and removed that block from that (copied) file. The components that were originally missing are still missing, but when I try to place a new component, NOW the component shows up and is visible (only the new one I place). The other ones are still missing. You may be on to something.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Try turning off your hardware acceleration and see if that helps.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, I tried turning off the Hardware Acceleration. I did not affect the problem.

I am thinking that the block insertion has something to do with the problem, as previously suggested. That block was created from an AutoCAD file that had a STP file imported into it. Is anyone aware of problems generated from files that are accessed from translated files? STP files in particular? Is there a "safest" way to reference translated files in your models so that problems are minimized?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

The original STP should be exported to .dwg out of Inventor.

After that, open dwg in AutoCAD. Do a select all(Ctrl+A) then remove what you want to keep(Shift, window over everything) then press "Delete". This will help remove things that are hidden or flung out in space somewhere. Then audit & purge all. After that try re-inserting your block.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

We did as you suggested and obtained the .dwg file. After bringing into our assembly (and after cleansing the file) we still had the same problem. However, some time later after working in the assembly file with the missing components, we created another component in the same assembly file and WHAM!... everything reappeared! Since then items are showing up as expected. I feel we are walking on thin ice, but since things are working - we will go with it. Thank-you for your suggestion. 

Message 8 of 8
금영이앤지_김범

You can click like below picture

If you still missing try to show all object and show all layer.

Try to save and exit and open again

20191012_110936.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost