AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe line group tab EMPTY.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
veronica.rosaGJXV3
719 Views, 14 Replies

pipe line group tab EMPTY.

I have made some diagrams with many lines. Now in the data manager, the Pipe Line segments tab is ok, but the Pipe line group tab is empty, without any registry. I have audited the project and it is still the same. Does anyone know how I can recove the line group registries?

Regards. 

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Have you grouped your pipe line segments with line numbers? The pipe line group is determined by line number. All segments with the same number belong to the same group. If you have no numbers, you have no groups.

Message 3 of 15

That's how it is. When I made the diagram, it had segments grouped into line groups. Now the groups have simply disappeared...

Message 4 of 15
h_eger
in reply to: veronica.rosaGJXV3

Dear @veronica.rosaGJXV3 ,

can you please show a picture of the data manager with the PipeLineGroup area?

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 15

So if you use the select group command in your P&ID you are no longer selecting the group but individual segments?

MichielValcke_0-1693227671608.png

MichielValcke_1-1693227745601.png

If you use the SLREGROUP command and select a sline does the dialog show any linenumbers?

MichielValcke_2-1693227934871.png

There is a known similar issue for singular lines that lose their group and get corrupted. AUDIT and regrouping them can fix this:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/For-some-slines-in...

Message 6 of 15
veronica.rosaGJXV3
in reply to: h_eger

You can see in the image 1, the line segments tab with 74 lines. In the image 2, the pipe line group empty. SLRGROUP doesn't works, the groups are in the list but the segments don't regroup. 

Message 7 of 15

What does PLANTAUDIT and AUDITPROJECT say?
Have you tried the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe? (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx\PLNT3D)

Are you using an SQLite project or some form of collaboration/Vault/SQL Server project?

Message 8 of 15
h_eger

Dear @veronica.rosaGJXV3 ,

What is your TAG format for the PipeLine group?

28-08-_2023_22-05-16.png

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
veronica.rosaGJXV3
in reply to: h_eger

Is a custom tag. Have 6 properties, and the segments lines acquire these properties from the group. 

Message 10 of 15

Audit say that no errors are. Is an SQLite project. This only pass in some diagrams. In my project we have 70 diagrams and all are ok except 2 or 3....

Message 11 of 15

Is the linenumber one of those 6 properties?

Message 12 of 15
h_eger

Ask for the documentation of your PipeLineGroup TAG format as shown in my post.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 13 of 15

In the image 3, you can see de pipe line group tag format. In the image 4,  Pipe line segments with tag format where the properties are acquire from the group. 

Message 14 of 15
h_eger

Unfortunately, there are serious errors in the structure of your PipeLineGroup TAG format for KKS.
Please consider the KKS guidelines in cooperation with AutoCAD Plant 3D.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 15 of 15

I have no idea about KKS, but I see no reason why the structure of the tag would cause the line numbers to dissappear.  

I did see that your PipeLineGroup.Line Number reference is different in both tags, one is followed by the [NNN], the other is not. Which makes me think you are filling in the NNN (autonumber) formula when completing pipe segment tags, but not the actual line number of your pipeline group. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report