AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fittings Disappearing

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
11624 Views, 20 Replies

Pipe Fittings Disappearing

Pipe fittings randomly disappear. The fittings that disappear are usually elbows and tees and are always (99% sure) off screen (ASME pipes and fittings catalog components), however no component is safe from this issue (flanges, valves, custom components,etc.). Also, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to this -- one elbow may disappear but an identical elbow next to it will not. These fittings can be selected if you click where they should be or draw a selection window around them. The only way to get them to reappear is to save the drawing. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? I've already messed around with hardware acceleration (on/off/different settings) and it seems to have no effect on this issue.

Attached are 3 screenshots:

Missing Fittings.PNG - shows invisible tees and elbows

selected.PNG - shows these invisible fittings selected

After Save.PNG - shows the fittings visible right after a save

Thanks for any and all help!

Processor: Intel Core i7 6700k 4.0GHz ::: Motherboard: ASUS Z170-K ::: System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz ::: Power Supply: 600W EVGA ::: Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 8 GB

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
rdoonanAR5XP
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know why this is marked as solved. This is a recurring issue for me and none of the solutions in this post worked for me. I am repeatedly having to redo every valve in an entire model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report