AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fittings Disappearing

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
11639 Views, 20 Replies

Pipe Fittings Disappearing

Pipe fittings randomly disappear. The fittings that disappear are usually elbows and tees and are always (99% sure) off screen (ASME pipes and fittings catalog components), however no component is safe from this issue (flanges, valves, custom components,etc.). Also, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to this -- one elbow may disappear but an identical elbow next to it will not. These fittings can be selected if you click where they should be or draw a selection window around them. The only way to get them to reappear is to save the drawing. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? I've already messed around with hardware acceleration (on/off/different settings) and it seems to have no effect on this issue.

Attached are 3 screenshots:

Missing Fittings.PNG - shows invisible tees and elbows

selected.PNG - shows these invisible fittings selected

After Save.PNG - shows the fittings visible right after a save

Thanks for any and all help!

Processor: Intel Core i7 6700k 4.0GHz ::: Motherboard: ASUS Z170-K ::: System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz ::: Power Supply: 600W EVGA ::: Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 8 GB

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

this problem is mostly due to the graphics driver and not to the hardware.
Which operating system do you use?

The current graphics driver for your card is:

11-01-_2017_20-03-36.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

@h_eger

Thanks for the response. I'm running windows 7 professional.

As for the graphics drivers, my drivers were not up to date. I'm updating now and will let you know how it goes. However, from what I can remember, the issue still occurs even when my graphics driver is up-to-date (been happening for the last few months).

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

Update: Updated graphics card driver --- didn't work. Still experience the same issue.

Message 5 of 21
MNeugebauer

Hi @Anonymous

there is a local graphics cache which sometimes causes such problems.

You will find it here:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2017\R21.0\deu

There is a folder called GraphicsCache. You can delete everything in it.

Deleting the files helps us with some graphics problems like this. (Please close the program before you delete the data)

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,

Matthias

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: MNeugebauer

@MNeugebauer

I had tried what you suggested a day before I posted. It didn't seem to have any effect on the disappearing fittings. However, thanks for the input! I'll still be searching for a solution. Thanks!

Message 7 of 21
ryan.bales

What version of P3D/ACAD are you using?

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.bales

@ryan.bales

Plant 3D 2017

Message 9 of 21
ryan.bales

Is core AutoCAD or 2017 updated? 

Ryan Bales
Message 10 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.bales

I didn't update core AutoCAD. I'll go ahead and apply the update that was released 2 months ago. I rarely use AutoCAD. Is that something I should always make sure is up-to-date?

P3d is up-to-date.

Message 11 of 21
ryan.bales

ITs a good idea to at least read through them. Plant 3D updates don't always include updates to Core AutoCAD, graphics is one of those things. It may not fix it, but its at least a start. It may be helpful to reinstall your graphics drivers straight through Nvidia and select the option to do a clean uninstallation of old drivers (under advanced or custom install).

Also make sure you haven't done anything with Layer 0 OR Defpoints. That tends to cause strange graphic like behavior.

Ryan Bales
Message 12 of 21
JohnHolder

Have you tried turning off hardware acceleration?  ( for ME it has always been buggy ) I always keep it turned off.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: JohnHolder

In the original post, I commented on how hardware acceleration has no effect on this problem. I tried turning off hardware acceleration again, just to double check, but the same issue still persists. Not but 30 seconds after turning off hardware acceleration I came across an elbow that was invisible. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks for all the help thus far.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous

david.egbert is me as well. logged into the wrong account.

Message 15 of 21
darrelldixon

One of our users was having this yesterday. Like you, all drivers and programs are up to date.

Not sure of the cause, but deleting the connection weld dot on one end of the fitting then "connect component to adjacent" made it reappear.

We've been seeing this and other odd issues when working with a point cloud, and using a cropping box to reduce it, then also using the live section with boundary option to cut things down further.

Message 16 of 21
jabowabo

It looks like all your screenshots show you are using the Shades visual style. Do the fittings reappear when you switch to others 3D styles? If so, try resetting Shaded - Visual Styles Mgr/rt-click style/select reset.
Another possible fix is to uninstall/reinstall the p3d object enabler.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: jabowabo

@jabowabo  It does seem that this issue is only present in a few visual styles, shaded being one of them.  I tried both of your suggestions, but neither seemed to have any effect on the issue.

However, in another post "OrthoCube Disappears in Shaded Mode", someone suggested setting CONSOLIDATIONMODE to 0. This not only fixed the issue with the orthocube (for me at least), but ALSO fixed my issue with disappearing pipe fittings.

Link to post: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/orthocube-disappears-in-shaded-mode/m-p/677286...

One question -- I haven't been able to find any documentation on CONSOLIDATIONMODE. Any idea what exactly it controls?

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous

CONSOLIDATIONMODE = 0

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Worked for me as well, thank you

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous

still not works.....its not a solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report