AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCF import issues in different programs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
726 Views, 4 Replies

PCF import issues in different programs

Hey guys,

I exported a basic pipe system, and i imported the .pcf files into a program called AFT Fathom. When I uploaded the .pcf file, it did not import all the specifications. My question is, when you export a .pcf file from Plant 3D, is it exporting all the specifications, or just certain ones? I appreciate any input you guys have!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey joecosta511,

you have to take a look at the configuration of your calculation Programm.

As Example:

We use the Software "Rohr2" . For this i have create an own iso-style.

BUT, after the Export i have to modify the *.pcf files for a better Import.

In the PCF you can find a entry like "COMPONENT-ATTRIBUTE10   BOMCOLUMN_WallThickness_3.6" . But the calculation tool need this value like "WallThickness 3.6". I do this with Notepad++ and the "search&replace" funkction for all open documents.

But in first step, you have to check with wich Syntax your calculation tool need the values.

greetz Pat

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman

When you say "... did not import all the specifications...", do you mean some components are missing?  Or do you mean actual piping specifications?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

When I import into AFT Fathom, I'm missing the elevation of the pipe, type of pipe (CS300 for example), etc. When I export to excel, I see all the specs fine. I'm wondering if it's the other program that isn't allowing all the specs to come through.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Our calculation program requires an adjustment of this file and I think that it is no different at ATF. I recommend you

to ask ATF for an example PCF-File or a readme with the needed modification.

greetz pat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report