AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID Line List when using in Pipe modelling

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
JoseFlorante_Sese
571 Views, 16 Replies

P&ID Line List when using in Pipe modelling

Hello everyone,

I have some problem using this P&ID Line List when opening the icon. It seems that all our P&ID line numbers are gone wherein we've created the P&IDs in Plant 3D so that when choosing the line number in this window, click the "PLACE" button and start the pipe modelling.

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1725043760126.png

Can anyone tell me what happen why the link just disconnected, if I'm right with my findings.

Appreciate much your help.

Thanks you.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Hello @JoseFlorante_Sese 

I recommend you on your project :

1 - Empty the Plant 3D cache by launching "PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe", file placed in the folder "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 202x\PLNT3D"
2 - Run the "AuditProject" command from the data manager without opening a drawing
3 - Open the 3D file 

== French ==

Je vous préconise sur votre projet de :

1 - Vider la mémoire cache de Plant 3D en lançant "PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe", fichier placé dans le dossier "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 202x\PLNT3D"
2 - Lancer la commande "AuditProject" depuis le gestionnaire de données et ce sans ouvrir de dessin
3 - Ouvrez le fichier 3D

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

Cette publication vous a-t-elle été utile ? N’hésitez pas à attribuer la mention J’aime à cette publication.
Avez-vous obtenu la réponse à votre question ? Cliquez ensuite sur le bouton ACCEPTER LA SOLUTION.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17

Hi @DVaquand,

Thanks for the response. For the Audit project, this can be found in Project Manager and not in Data Manager, right?

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1725049833943.png

Message 4 of 17

Hello @JoseFlorante_Sese 

Error for me !

Audit Project is in the project manager.

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

Cette publication vous a-t-elle été utile ? N’hésitez pas à attribuer la mention J’aime à cette publication.
Avez-vous obtenu la réponse à votre question ? Cliquez ensuite sur le bouton ACCEPTER LA SOLUTION.

EESignature

Message 5 of 17

Hi @DVaquand,

I've tried your solution but it's not working. Our project runs in ACC, Autodesk Construction Cloud, I don't know if this situation can be applied. 

Thank you.

Message 6 of 17

Hello @JoseFlorante_Sese 

See topic

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/19aNehY6lYm0wHEP3uZufr.html

maybe

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

EESignature

Message 7 of 17

What's the line numbering format in your PID's?

Message 8 of 17

For the Pipeline Group:

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1725289492620.png

For the Pipe Line Segments:

JoseFlorante_Sese_1-1725289545856.png

Thanks for your reply

Message 9 of 17

Here is the breakdown:

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1725289893035.png

Message 10 of 17

So where is the actual line number?

Message 11 of 17

That is one of the actual numbers in out P&IDs developed in Plant 3D. I just don't know what happen and suddenly all the line numbers were not anymore or not listed anymore in P&ID Line List when I clicked on the icon, the window is blank. 

Message 12 of 17

That's not the number, thats the Tag of the line. You need an actual PipeLineGroup.Number in there.

Message 13 of 17

I hope this one is clear, coming from P3d line Group

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1725373545974.png

thanks.

Message 14 of 17

For Pipeline Group under the P&ID Class. You don't have a number on the P&IDPipelineGroup_Number_missing.jpg

Message 15 of 17

Still can't understand what you are trying to emphasize.

What number is missing in my Pipe Line Group Tag Format under P&ID Class Definition?

Here are the meanings of each parameter:

MPL-Main Parts List or Area

Fluid Code or Service

PLN-Pipe Line Number or sequence number

Spec-pipe spec

These are the only four parameters I've set in our project.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 17

Message 17 of 17

I have that also in my set up 

JoseFlorante_Sese_1-1725645367363.png

One of my colleague created a copy of the same project and probably on that instance the link from the P&ID that was created in Plant 3D to the piping modelling somewhat disconnected or lost.

Anyway, thanks for giving some solutions. If you still have some idea to share with, will be gladly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report