AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall Dimension in Isometric Issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Ahmed1081975
1081 Views, 8 Replies

Overall Dimension in Isometric Issue

Hi,

I'm facing problem with the  Overall Dimension in Isometrics,

its came correct in some direction and other reversed with the string dimension

PLs, Advice

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mmcmorris
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

I'm a bit confused as that looks correct to me.  The dimensions are all in the center of the dimension line and facing the standard way.  Where exactly do you want the dimension you have labelled as incorrect?

Message 3 of 9
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: mmcmorris

Hi,

There Are 2 Dimensions, one for the branches / and fittings in the line and the other second line for overall dimension

so, the overall dimension came in the second & the other dimension in the first line, I'm getting both in the same   drawing like I have mentioned in the

previous screen snap, I hope you understand my issue

Thanks

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 4 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi @Ahmed1081975,

Is the stack order of the dimensions that you want to change?

If so, then unfortunately it is not possible. This has been logged with our development team.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 9
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure if i understand, you mean this bug in the software because I'm getting both dimension in the same drawing with the correct way and the other wrong ( first dimension line for the individual branches / fittings & second for overall dimensions ) and this is the correct way,

in the same drawing getting also the opposite and these incorrect way

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 6 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi @Ahmed1081975,

It is the inability to control the stack order of the dimensions that has been logged with our developers.

Unfortunately the only option is to manually move dimensions that you prefer to be positioned differently.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 9
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: Dan.Scales

OK, Thanks Dan

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 8 of 9
JameseeT3KVM

We are having the same issue. In our case ALL dimensions are reversed.

I don't understand what happened since I have never really had this issue before now.

Manually editing all dimensions on over 200 sheets of isos is not something we have time for in our project. Any help you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 9
ICCLicensing
in reply to: JameseeT3KVM

Has there been any updates to this? We would love a button to control the sequence of the stacking dimensions. The piping fabricators want to be able to clearly see the dimension and manually changing the dimensions is time prohibitive - not to mention - the opportunity for error is high.

What is strange is that it doesn't do this every time. Is there any more development around this or any indication of what causes it?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta