AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC (off page Connector) propagates certain props only when corresponding drawing is opened

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CABC.CB
138 Views, 1 Reply

OPC (off page Connector) propagates certain props only when corresponding drawing is opened

Good Morning Folks,

as I am using the OPC (off page connector) for a PSV blowoff line I have many OPC in one drawing. To identify the source of that OPC I propagate a TAG for that OPC with the property "PipeLines.From" to show e.g. the PSV Tag that line is coming from.

It works well as long as the source drawing is opened during the connection of the OPCs. Then the "From" is propagated properly to the tag. 

But when the source drawing is not opened during connecting the propagation is faulty because it will insert the DWG Name instead as the "From" property.

See the following picture: left OPC was connected when drawing A1-014-312B was opened. Right OPC was connected when A1-014-312B was closed.

CABCCB_0-1711098488199.png

This is the opc Editor:

a) left (correct):

CABCCB_2-1711098636375.png

b) right (wrong)

CABCCB_1-1711098588930.png

The Tag:

CABCCB_3-1711098694423.png

Is that a bug or a feature I do not understand?

Thanks for your help and explanation.

--
Constantin Böhling
Process and Piping Engineer
C.A. Böhling Consulting GmbH

If my reply was helpful, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
All proposed solutions to be used at own risk and without warrenty.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CABC.CB
in reply to: CABC.CB

Dang!

I tried now PLANTREFRESHACQPROPERTY  and that updates the properties correctly.

Problem solved.

Edit: PLANTREFRESHACQPROPERTY fixes the properties but still only for the opened connection end-points DWGs. What do I wrong? Especially for collective venting lines (e.g. towards a torch to burn hazardous material) there are plenty of OPCs to plenty of P&IDs I do not want to have opened when I update the connection properties. 

--
Constantin Böhling
Process and Piping Engineer
C.A. Böhling Consulting GmbH

If my reply was helpful, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
All proposed solutions to be used at own risk and without warrenty.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report