AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One valve symbol represents multiple valves

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Benjamin_Brown22HMF
209 Views, 4 Replies

One valve symbol represents multiple valves

Hello

Does someone know how to make one valve symbol represent multiple valves on a P&ID in Plant 3d?

Here is a picture of the draft P&ID and how I'd like for it to be shown. (top portion of the picture).

Resized_20240318_084139.jpeg

Tags (1)
Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

So its the gate valves?

Just insert them on the lines as you need them, then tag them

Message 3 of 5

I'm trying to save space on the diagram. I'd rather not put 12 valve symbols in or around my tank if there is a way I can add two symbols and use a notation to show that the one symbol represents 6 different valves on a manifold.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 5

Then your BOM is not going to line up with what you want to purchase. You could add another field and put a note in there, but the idea is to draw what you're going to purchase. Also for tagging its going to be difficult to add different tags to each valve to represent what you need.

Message 5 of 5

Hi Benjamin_Brown22HMF,

If you need to differentiate them and both are hand valve type, you have to create a new ClassName inside of "Hand Valve" Category and assign the same symbol.

If your Tag format is in one field (property) 420B, HV-212, you can put your Tag without  any problem, but if your Tag Format are defined by two fields, you will have to define a second "Tag Format" and after to assign to the new ClassName.

I hope I've helped

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report