AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One off Isometric Symbols

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
364 Views, 5 Replies

One off Isometric Symbols

I want to use a "flatshot" of a Block Valve as its Iso Symbol.

I have created individual SKEY's for for each valve in question. 

I have them mapped the SKEY's to the unique Flatshot blocks in the IsoSynbolsStyle.dwg

The isometric produces fine except for the appearance of the valve. The valve is skewed/Strecthed.

I cannot figure out how to set up my block so it appears correctly. I do not understand how plant 3D manipulates the blocks when it puts them on an iso.

Is there a way to get Plant 3D to place the symbol exactly as it appears in its block?

Any ideas...I'm all out?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, this feature is not supported by Plant 3D for isometry creation.
There is no way to influence Plant 3D to ensure the position of self-defined Iso blocks.
Use the Standaed thus it works with the Iso creation.
Even Isogen of Intergraph can not implement this.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

I am not far off from my desired result.

I take a flatshot of the valve in its isometric view from the model Say iso-right for the purpose of this.

When I create the symbol I rotate it 30 deg. I assigned the type MISC-COMPONENT.

When the iso is produced the flatshot is aligned N-S correctly but also appears to have been 3D rotated/Skewed.

I cannot figure out the latter. If I knew what the manipulation Plant 3D was performing then I can fix it by counteracting it in my block.

If someone can tell me what manipulations Plant 3D performs on a MISC-COMPONENT block to place on a particular Iso plane, then I can solve my problem.

Message 4 of 6
h_eger

it does not work you do not accept it?

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

I never accept it cant be done otherwise I wouldn't be in my job, there is always a way.

So I will simplify my question, if this is answered then I may be able to solve.

What manipulations does Plant 3D perform on a MISC-COMPONENT IsoSymbol block to place on IsoRight?

Message 6 of 6
h_eger

Good luck with finding your solution

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report