AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Page References Don't Need them to be Unique

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cheesey_engie
282 Views, 2 Replies

Off Page References Don't Need them to be Unique

Hello,

I was having an issue a while back where my off page references for my custom OPC block were justifying oddly, I found this is a common issue and Autocad has a dedicated help page for solving this issue. I followed the steps in the help page and solved my original issue:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-plant-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

My new issue now is that for some reason Autocad checks these fields every time a P&ID is opened and bubbles them in a red "error" bubble + adds a "?" at the end if they share the same name as another OPC. This is unacceptable, for my project this field has no need to be unique and in fact it is not preferable at times. 

Does anyone know how to make it to where Autocad stops requiring this field to be unique? I've looked around a lot and haven't found any solutions.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
h_eger
in reply to: cheesey_engie

Dear @cheesey_engie ,

The "?" is because you configured it as a TAG and the data field TAG is automatically subject to uniqueness checking.
Alex Pena probably didn't think of this when he created this post.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
cheesey_engie
in reply to: h_eger

I appreciate your reply, however this doesn't give me enough information to solve my problem. As I am not someone who is well versed in this software. I do sincerely appreciate your response though. I was able to get some hands on help to figure this one out.

For future googlers: I changed the annotation block to say "#(TargetObject.OriginOrDestination)" instead of "#(TargetObject.Tag)" and this fixed the issue.

cheesey_engie_1-1648232437052.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report