AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric Symbol Location

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DerrickHauser
289 Views, 3 Replies

Isometric Symbol Location

Hi All,

I have recently created a custom style based on a client title block that is an A1 size. I used a previous A2 style and change necessary settings to allow the text height and symbol size to be proportional to the A1 titleblock, as a note the original style had no issues.

With the new style when ever the isometric is generated ProdIso or QuickIso. It places the valve bubble way off in space. The scale of the bubble is correct the location is the issue. I can move the bubble into place and then it looks fine. If I try a quick iso and select the components that are causing the issue I get the same result.

The block name on the iso that is way off in space is ANNOCIRCLE-1-ISO3DSKEW90. I am not sure if that helps.

I am using Plant 3D 2016 with AutoCAD 2016, all service packs and Hotfixes are uptodate.

Any direct would be appreciated.

Thanks

DHauser

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: DerrickHauser

Dear @DerrickHauser ,

Plant 3D 2018 is currently still supported in support.
Plant 3D is currently 2021.1.
I don't even have the installation to recreate your problem anymore.
please update your Plant 3D 2021.1 version and your problems are resolved.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DerrickHauser
in reply to: h_eger

Hey H.eger,

Unfortunately, client requirements dictate that I can't update at this time. I realize that officially AutoDesk will not support 2016, but I thought someone in the masses might have run across this before.

Thanks for your reply

Dhauser

Message 4 of 4
jabowabo
in reply to: DerrickHauser

Open the file that contains the iso blocks and verify the geometry For your block is centered at the origin. The file name is isosymbolstyles.dwg or similar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report