AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isometric drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MKK20
540 Views, 6 Replies

isometric drawing

Is there anyway to generate "iso massage" with some symbol in isometric drawing...by using SKEY etc.

@dgorsman @jabowabo @Tomislav.Golubovic @h_eger @DGRL 

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
h_eger
in reply to: MKK20

Dear @MKK20 ,

could you please give an example or define your requirement a little more precisely. Since I don't quite understand where the journey should go!

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
MKK20
in reply to: h_eger

i want to use iso massage feature with dimension which is working perfect but i want some kind of symbol also there........here's are some photos

@h_eger 

Message 4 of 7
George.Endrulat

We do something similar, we use a custom support and have the type as MISC-COMPONENT and the skey as the block we need.  It works, throws a dimension on, and places the item in the bom as a misc-component.  You can make it look however you want in the 3d model.  I think this is what you're after.

George

If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 5 of 7
MKK20
in reply to: George.Endrulat

YES THIS IS THE ONE WAY ..BUT I AM JUST FINDING IF WE CAN DO SAME THING USING ISO MASSAGE INSTEAD OF CUSTOM SUPPORT

yes this is the one way...but i am just finding if we can do same thung using iso massage instead of custom support as it will not work properly for inclined pipe

Message 6 of 7
h_eger

Dear @MKK20 ,

as @George.Endrulat  describes this, it is the only way I know to get graphic symbols with information on the ISO.
Unfortunately, the ISO notification function cannot be expanded and is therefore not an option for your project.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
jabowabo

The isoconfig.xml file can be modified to achieve your goal. You can insert specific blocks by triggering on the text contents of your iso message. Example for a Tie Point symbol:

Annotation Scheme:

<ComponentScheme Name="TieInPointTag" AnnotationStyle="TieInPointAnnoStyle" Format="{0}" Enabled="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="TieInLeaderStyle" Filter="MessageTieInPoint" Fields="TEXT" Placement="Center" />

Annotation Style:

<AnnotationStyle Name="TieInPointAnnoStyle" TextStyle="AdskIsoAnnotation" BlockName="AnnoTieInPoint" ResizeBlock="None" />

Filter:

<Filter Name="MessageTieInPoint" Value="Type='MESSAGE' AND (TEXT LIKE 'TP*')" />

Dimension (if required):

<AnchorPoint Name="TieInPointDimension" Enabled="true" Filter="MessageTieInPoint" IsLocatingPoint="true">

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report