AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso Line Number Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
975 Views, 3 Replies

Iso Line Number Issue

I'm admitting defeat and turning to the forum after countless hours of trying to achieve this (what should be) straight forward task.

I can't get the pipe spec to be included as part of the line tag on the isometric. Have watched/read a lot of the numerous resources regarding this basic task but for whatever reason I still can't achieve what I want.

Effectively I'm aiming for Size-Service-Number-Spec-Insulation ( 2-FW-0001-CS150-PP) etc

Please can someone show me where I am going wrong, screenshot of isoconfig.xml attached

Thanks in advance

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven’t found a way to do it without using the nominal spec from the P3d line group. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2f3GlS87qJE

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I am having similar issues with Iso line numbers except that my line number comes out with more info than is coming from the P3d Line Group, and I don't know where its coming from.

I set the P3D line grup as   "unit-size-spec-service-number-insulation".  This all shows up just as it is set up, however added to the end is an extra size-spec.  So, as a result is shows up on the iso as "unit-size-spec-service-number-insulation-size-spec".  Where is the additional size and spec coming from at the end and how can I block this?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Michael,

I had this issue too.

Plant 3D has 2 Tag section, which is used for the line number. One section is "Size-Spec" another section is your custom tag.

Lets say "Size-Spec" is Tag1 and your custom tag is Tag2.

In the ISO config file you can change the order of the Tag1 one from "size-spec" to "spec-size" and another order is "Tag1 - Tag2" or "Tag2 - Tag1". You can see it under the "format {0}-{1}" or "ComponentFormat {0}-{1}".

ISO Config Line Number.png

If you wish to break apart the Tag1, means "Size-Custom Tag-Spec" or "Custom Tag - Size - Custom Tag - Spec" or whatsoever that makes breaking Tag1 in apart, you have to disable Tag1 in the ISO config and modify the custom Tag (Tag2) in the plant 3D properties to that you require. You may need to key in your pipe size manually as it may effect, when adding reducers to your drawing.

ISO Config New.png

PROJ Setup .png

Assign Tag.png

ISO Output.png

I hope that helps.

Note: Backup your ISO config before changing anything on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta