AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the auto position in Y of pipeline annotation tags?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
alissonsgarcia
198 Views, 2 Replies

How to change the auto position in Y of pipeline annotation tags?

Hi.

In this project I'm working on, the annotation of pipelines is placed on top of the pipeline itself.

So, everytime I pick a location in the pipeline for the annotation, later I need to manually move the annotation a little above or below the pipeline.

I tried to change that editing the annotation in Project Setup, but the setting for Y-offset was locked, blocking me from changing that behaviour.

Question 1: How can I fix this?

Question 2: In case the solution comes from editing that X-Y-Offset, what happens when the pipeline is vertical and not horizontal? Will it rotate the reference axes before doing the y-offset to place the annotation above the pipeline and in the same orientation? 

Cheers,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Move the annotation block itself in the Y distance you want it to be, from the 0,0 insertion point. Then when you insert it on a pipeline it will be the set distance above the line. This also works in the vertical. Assuming you're working in PID?

Message 3 of 3

@Tomislav.Golubovic  thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion worked but with a side effect.

I'll leave a step-by-step explanation here of what I did with screenshots and mention the side-effect at the end of my reply.

I opened Project Setup:

alissonsgarcia_0-1709792712988.png

Went to Pipeline Segments, then EDIT BLOCK.

In Project Setup, I moved the attribute tag that was sitting in the middle of the X-axis to a position a little bit above the X-axis.

BEFORE:

alissonsgarcia_1-1709792865088.png

AFTER:

alissonsgarcia_2-1709792891701.png

Saved, applied, and hit OK.

Went to the drawing, hit

alissonsgarcia_3-1709792980053.png

Picked the specs and checked the Annotation tag field:

alissonsgarcia_4-1709793027038.png

Assigned it to a pipeline:

alissonsgarcia_5-1709793055113.png

alissonsgarcia_6-1709793173413.png

Got the result I wanted.

But, there was a side effect to it.

Before doing that change to the pipe block, the annotation tags were sitting on top of the pipelines. So, every time I placed an annotation tag on a pipe, I moved it above the pipeline afterward. So, now, after changing the position of the attribute tag in the block, all the previous pipe tags that I had moved a little above the pipeline are displayed even more above the pipelines.

alissonsgarcia_7-1709793754036.png

So, I'll have to reposition all the previous pipe tags that I placed in this project's drawings.

Thanks again. Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report