AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I rescale model space to fit page

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mushu38D7R
102 Views, 3 Replies

How do I rescale model space to fit page

I opened my drawing and saw that it was zoomed into my model space so I tried to rescale using scale, however it did not move any of my piping tags and kept it confined in the small grid that it was originally scaled to.

mushu38D7R_2-1720790643321.png

mushu38D7R_1-1720790483964.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: mushu38D7R

@mushu38D7R ,

In which Plant 3D training course did you learn this way of working?

Please never scale P&ID content - it always goes wrong
You can only get the view in the paper space - model space back to the correct position by zooming.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mushu38D7R
in reply to: h_eger

I did not do this purposefully, my plant 3d crashed a few days ago and it broke my windows profile and I've been trying to recover my drawings. I believe this was somehow messed up in the process and I only now realized. So is there no way to fix the model space?

Message 4 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: mushu38D7R

@mushu38D7R ,

But as already written, go to the layout area, activate your model area and move your view back into the correct position. Then you have the option to lock the viewport

12-07-2024_15-45-36.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta