AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Nozzle reference from an Equipment entity

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
w_martinezKQWBR
172 Views, 3 Replies

Get Nozzle reference from an Equipment entity

I would like to know how can I get all the equipment's nozzles as new entities getting all the information for those new entities.

I tried using the Explode method which give me all the internal objects as new entities, however here I lose the information like the Ids or all the identifiers.

How can I get these entities with the original ids or at least getting that information for those nozzles attached to that Equipment.

w_martinezKQWBR_0-1714746686580.png

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jabowabo
in reply to: w_martinezKQWBR

@w_martinezKQWBR wrote:

I would like to know how can I get all the equipment's nozzles as new entities getting all the information for those new entities.

I tried using the Explode method which give me all the internal objects as new entities, however here I lose the information like the Ids or all the identifiers.

How can I get these entities with the original ids or at least getting that information for those nozzles attached to that Equipment.

Nozzle items cannot exist without an Equipment item host. It's not clear what your purpose is for the information, so it's hard to advise the best way to retrieve it. The most straight-forward ways are to use Report Creator or Data Manager.

Message 3 of 4

Basically what I want to know is if there is a way to know the Handle.Id of a Nozzle when it has been exploded from the Equipment Entity.

When I explode an Equipment I get multiple Entities, but they do not contained any Id. I would like to know how I can get the Nozzles references or Ids after using the Explode method with the Equipment entity, or even before could also work, saving those Nozzles Ids and then extract the geometry separately only for those Nozzles getting the properties too.

Message 4 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: w_martinezKQWBR

@w_martinezKQWBR ,

just once again to help you understand how AutoCAD Plant 3D works.
We work with an object-oriented database and NO entities are written to the objects but only via the PnPID in the database.
As soon as you explode a P3D object, only a block with the 3D solid remains but no information from the database.
So you will not get any information this way.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta