AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files locking when saving

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jacob.ellerbrock
853 Views, 5 Replies

Files locking when saving

Had an interesting problem develop in the last 2-3 weeks. At random times and intervals, when our team goes to save a .dwg, the whole file locks down. It gives us the like lock next to the file name and it will say that we only have read only access. The goofy thing is it will say that "said user" who was working on it has the file locked out. First thought is do they have a second instance of the file open or does someone else have the file open. I assure we've checked both and it is neither. It's a problem everyone on our team is experiencing across multiple types of AutoCAD. We run AutoCAD, Plant 3D, and Civil 3D with a majority of our work in Plant 3D. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. I attached a short video and all I'm doing in this video is saving the file and you can watch the lock develop. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DVaquand
in reply to: jacob.ellerbrock

Hello

No video file attached !

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

Si mon message propose une solution, veuillez cliquer sur "Accepter comme solution"
If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"

Cette publication vous a-t-elle été utile ? N’hésitez pas à attribuer la mention J’aime à cette publication.
Avez-vous obtenu la réponse à votre question ? Cliquez ensuite sur le bouton ACCEPTER LA SOLUTION.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
jacob.ellerbrock
in reply to: DVaquand

Thanks for that. I could have swore I attached it.

Message 4 of 6
h_eger
in reply to: jacob.ellerbrock

Dear @jacob.ellerbrock ,

we once had a similar problem where it was the storage system on our data server that caused this problem due to a shadow copy.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

That's actually exactly what I wanted to hear. We've been fighting our IT and they claim it's an Autodesk issue. We didn't believe them. Figured it was something on our side but thought it good to check. Thanks

Message 6 of 6

Antivirus scans are also common culprits. Live backups, active antivirus scans, and replication all can have these types of symptoms.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report