AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elbows projection is broken in Orthographic Generation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
magno.rvieira
648 Views, 8 Replies

Elbows projection is broken in Orthographic Generation

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with that problem.

When I generate an orthographic projection in Plant 3D, some components appear broken in the view. I figure out that the problem happens when the projection is an isometric view (SW, SE, NE, NW) and when the geometry is an elbow with a diameter of 1-1/2" below, just like we can see in the following image.

Does anybody know how to generate a projection without that problem and without having to change the geometry and the projection angle?

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
h_eger
in reply to: magno.rvieira

Dear @magno.rvieira ,

set the system variable "DISPSILH" to 1 in all Plant 3D models and test again.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your tip, but that didn't work. 

Message 4 of 9
jw7018

Delete/replace corrupted elbow/parts in model and regen ortho.  

I'm betting the properties of the elbow are gone. 

Message 5 of 9
magno.rvieira
in reply to: jw7018

Thanks for your help but that doesn't work either.

I think the problem is not related to the elbow or other components being corrupted because I exploded its geometry and tried to generate just the curved shell, and the error persists. I already noticed the same issue in other orthographic drawings with other elbows from other specs.

I encourage you to replicate the problem, just try to generate an elbow SW with 1-1/2" in orthographic in an isometric view (SE, SW, NE, NW). It looks like in certain angles the elbow shell is not "rendered".

Message 6 of 9
h_eger

Dear @magno.rvieira ,

A pipe with OD 1 1/2 "(DN40)
All views including iso views.
90 ° and 45 ° no problem.

16-11-_2021_16-23-07.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
magno.rvieira
in reply to: h_eger

Dear @h_eger,

Thank you for your help. I guess I found out what is going on with the broken elbows. I just noticed that the problem is related to the orthographic generation of isometrics pretty far away from the origin. If you want, you can repeat the generation with larger coordinates (something greater than 10^6 in magnitude). Unfortunately, working with large coordinates is a requirement in my projects.

I just attached some images which depict the issue.

Ps: The coordinates above each picture are related to the center of geometry in the drawing and were placed to illustrate the magnitude order of the positions of the components.

distance_1.PNG      distance_2.PNG

Picture 1 - Many broken elbows                                                  Picture 2 - Some elbows were preserved 

distance_3.PNG

Picture 3 - None elbow was affected

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 9
h_eger

Dear @magno.rvieira ,

The task is to work with location offset in P3D 2022

17-11-_2021_23-50-09.jpg

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 9

Dear @h_eger,

Thank you very much. That is exactly what our P3D administrator is doing, testing this out.

Update: After testing out the offset tool we discovered that what solved the problem was the inherent improvements in P3D 2022 version. In fact, the problem still exists in P3D 2022 but it only happens with coordinates way larger than those we use in our project, and the offset tool wasn't able to solve the issue in that case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report