AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default SKEY generation for support in isometric

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
nilesh.shirsath
1288 Views, 19 Replies

Default SKEY generation for support in isometric

Is there any solution to generate only support symbol in isometric but not to generate the support in BILL OF MATERIAL table?

Please suggest.

nileshshirsath_0-1658207367370.png

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

You can set the type of your object to a type that is not put in the BoM (like Floor-symbol).

So for example you change the Content Iso Symbol Definition in the Object properties from:

TYPE=MISC-COMPONENT,SKEY=PLSC  (this is a plug that will show in the BoM and iso)

to
TYPE=FLOOR-SYMBOL,SKEY=PLSC (this is a plug that will not show in the BoM, but will show in the iso)

You still might have to adapt your dimension theme in the iso style to make sure that a floor-symbol is dimensioned in the same way as a support. There are also other types you can use instead of floor-symbol to have the same effect.

Message 3 of 20

But I need same symbol for the support and its dimension as shown in below picture so Can you please suggest?

nileshshirsath_0-1658221303142.png

Message 4 of 20

@nilesh.shirsath change only type, not SKEY.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 5 of 20

But here support dimension is missing.

nileshshirsath_0-1658229665602.png

Message 6 of 20
h_eger
in reply to: nilesh.shirsath

dear @nilesh.shirsath ,

If I understand this correctly, you want to have the ISO support symbol and dimension on your isometrics but no entry in the BOM.
Like this?

19-07-_2022_13-34-46.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 20
nilesh.shirsath
in reply to: h_eger

Correct. But only for specific support I need such type of condition. Other support I need to generate with its BOM  in isometric. 

Message 8 of 20
h_eger

This is probably not so easy to implement.
I don't know a sensible way to do it.
I have tested a little with Existig but without success.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 20
jabowabo

You can achieve this by modifying the Aggregated list filter(s) in your isoconfig.xml file to exclude items based on a property value. In the example below, I use the 'IsoNote' property.

Set the value to something you want to exclude - like 'NO BOM':

jabowabo_0-1658237109781.png

Make sure the property is included in the iso.atr file:

jabowabo_1-1658237190841.png

Modify the filter used in the Aggregated list used for the BOM table. In this case, I'm changing the filter for ShopMaterials - which is KpShopItem (yours will be different):

jabowabo_2-1658237327392.png

Change the filter to exclude your property value similar to below:

jabowabo_3-1658237375868.png

Message 10 of 20
Michiel.Valcke
in reply to: jabowabo

That is a very nice implementation and a great alternative for the quick and dirty: change the type that I suggested earlier
Message 11 of 20
nilesh.shirsath

How Can I add this Iso note property in this 'General' tab?

nileshshirsath_0-1658728407902.png

Message 12 of 20

You can add custom properties to any object class in the Project Setup.

Go to the Project Setup and look for the class you wish to edit under Plant 3D DWG Settings -> Plant 3D Class Definitions. There you click on add to add a new property. This property will be added to the class and all its children nodes.

MichielValcke_0-1658743834902.png

Give your property a name and choose what kind of property you want

MichielValcke_1-1658743908183.png

When you click apply you will find the property added in the data manager / Properties palette of all class members in your project.

MichielValcke_2-1658743955017.png

From there on you can follow @jabowabo 's workflow.

Message 13 of 20
nilesh.shirsath

I followed all the procedure mentioned above but didn't get any result in my side. Can I know where I am doing wrong?

3.PNG

4.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

 Result:

5.PNG

Message 14 of 20

Firstly : at what class did you add the IsoNote attribute to the P3D Class Definition?

If you added it only to the Support Class Definition, then the Iso.atr should read: Support.IsoNote, not EngineeringItems.IsoNote

MichielValcke_0-1658990663941.png

If you defined it somewhere else and you're not sure how to define it for the iso.atr You can go into your Iso Title block setup and add the property (temporarily) to your table setup, that will also add it to the iso.atr. Afterwards you can remove it from the table setup but keep it in the iso.atr.

MichielValcke_1-1658990802619.png

MichielValcke_2-1658990857339.png

MichielValcke_3-1658990914999.png

Secondly, @jabowabo used the KpShopItems filter as an example

If you look at your aggregated lists you'll see what filters are actually used. It is based on the list that the Tables are made (BoM - Weld List - Cut Piece List - ....) So if I look at the groups defined in the list and find the group which would contain my support. I go check there what filter I need to modify.

This is for example an out of the box setup:

MichielValcke_4-1658991444970.png

To be 100% correct, the support filter is also used to determine the dimensions and annotations that need to be placed around your support. If you do not wish those to change. You can make a second filter called fe "SupportBOM" by adding the following code to your IsoConfig.xml 

<Filter Name="SupportBoM" Value="Type='Support' AND (NOT IsoNote='NO BOM')" />

Then all you have to do is change the Support filter in your aggregated list to the correct new filter, the existing filter will still be used by your dimensioning and annotation settings.

MichielValcke_5-1658992920461.png

Message 15 of 20
jabowabo

I was just giving a general tip on how to set it up. Each environment can be different and will need different specific settings.

It looks like your issue now is that you applied the filter to the wrong AggregatedList. Each TableType definition can use a different AggregatedList definition. The example I gave was for the 'ShopItems' table using the 'ShopMaterials' AggregatedList. Your pic shows you are using the 'AllMaterials' table which uses the 'Materials' AggregatedList. You'll need to do something more like this:

jabowabo_1-1659014073572.pngjabowabo_2-1659014101553.png

Message 16 of 20
nilesh.shirsath

I got result which is near to my expectation but it will applies to all support. In case if I made one group, named as 'Dummy Support' which is duplicate of pipe support group and I want to insert that particular support in it so how I can insert that support into it? 

nileshshirsath_0-1659095918367.png

Is there any option in spec to insert in that group by using spec?

nileshshirsath_1-1659096046443.png

Message 17 of 20

You can use any of the attributes that you can fill in from the spec/catalog editor to do the same trick. For example you can set Material to NoBoM and then filter out the items with the material code NoBoM. You can do the same with any other attribute.
Message 18 of 20

yes I am again closer to my required output in isometric but it is not taking dimension for the fixed support. Please see below images:

FIXED SUPPORT.png

 Please see where I need to make a change in following image

nileshshirsath_0-1659338605553.png

Message 19 of 20

Your filter 'support' is used by a lot of different settings, both for the BoM as for the Themes, Annotations and Dimensions.

Copy your filter definition and paste it below return the value of the filter 'Support' back to its original definition.

Give it the name SupportBoM - so it'll look like this:
<Filter Name="SupportBoM" Value="......."/>

Go to your Aggregated list for your BoM and change the filtername from "Support" to "SupportBoM"

Now your BoM will use the SupportBoM filter and all the other things like dimensions and annotations will use your original support filter.

You had it correct in a previous post. If you want to create additional groups of supports with different behaviours you create additional filters and additional properties into which you can filter. This way you can do BoM/NoBoM Dummy/NoDummy Dim/NoDim .... I would suggest to do those in your project with your class definitions and not with the catalog attributes. 

The catalog attributes give you the possibility to do something similar, but they are limited, fixed and it makes little sense to set the 'manufacturer' to NoDummy.

Message 20 of 20

Great... I am getting required output. Thanks to all of you for all the suggestion mentioned above.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta