AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Overide for supports and instrument

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rkbpm
406 Views, 4 Replies

Color Overide for supports and instrument

Hi,

I have some questions with regards to automated layer and color settings.

Currently, I setup our project to assign layer by Line Number Tag and assign color by status (as shown below). When I placed a pipe support the layer was set to line number tag + suffix (_support) with ByLayer (white). Is their a way to change the other color like khaki? Is it possible to set an override colors for Inline Instruments and Supports (as shown below). I am able to setup the colors in PDMS software but I am not sure if this is possible in PLant 3D.

It is just nice to have for visualization.

Thank you.

Automated Layer and color assignment.jpgcolor overide.jpg

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
h_eger
in reply to: rkbpm

Dear @rkbpm ,

add the two values "SUPPORT" and "IN-LINE INSTRUMENT" in the status selection list so you can use a color scheme.
Although this is not entirely in the sense of the STATUS selection list, it should work.

the second solution comes from outside and is PlantLint from auxalia.
Here the link:

https://www.auxalia.com/en/product/plantlink/ 

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
rkbpm
in reply to: h_eger

@h_eger,

I noticed that the supports(white) and boltset(red) color representation is always the same regardless of what status I've used. Not sure if there's a XML file that store the color setting for this components.

regards,

Message 4 of 5
MateusMaciel
in reply to: rkbpm

Regarding the color of the Support and the bolt set:

1- Support: It is directly affected by the color configuration. It's just a matter of creating logic, you can use the idea of @h_eger .

2- Bolt set: This component will not be affected by the color configuration, it will always keep that line with a circle at the end in red. Unlike the gasket which is also directly affected by the color setting.

mateustilapa@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
rkbpm
in reply to: MateusMaciel

@MateusMaciel 

"1- Support: It is directly affected by the color configuration. "

Pipe support settings : Layer = Use the same layer as piping

With the pipe support, regardless of what color configuration I assigned it's always "ByLayer"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost