AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Map Field Instruments to Plant 3D Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
573 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot Map Field Instruments to Plant 3D Drawings

I have added a Pressure gauge in my P&Id but when I try to place the instrument from the Line List a error message is displayed that This p&id class cannot be mapped to 3D class. Why is it that way, and is there any other way to map such instruments.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bstrevena
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

To map filed instruments you will need to undertake the following operations:

• Have your field instruments identified as classes in P&ID project setup
  • Edit the P3dEnumeration.xml file to include these classes. This file sits under C:\Program Files\Autodesk\....
  • Add field instrument components to your Plant 3D Valves Catalogue and reference the ValveBodyType, ValveAlignmentType, ValveDetailType. (It would be preferable to have an Instrument enumeration file in place of the Valve enumeration file but I am not aware of any). 
  • Add these Catalogue components to your Piping Specs.
  • Map the P&ID classes to the 3D components you have added to your catalogue and specs.

Screencast attached showing the result.

Good Luck

Bruce

B i T
Message 3 of 4
bstrevena
in reply to: Anonymous

2 minute video showing the mapping of Inline Instruments in P&ID to Custom Plant 3D Catalogue components.
Achieving this requires:
  • Having your field instruments identified as classes in P&ID project setup,
  • Editing the P3dEnumeration.xml file to include new values for ValveBodyType, ValveAlignmentType, ValveDetailType for your instrument. This file is located under C:\Program Files\Autodesk|AutoCAD2020\PLNT3D\en-US\....
  • Add field instrument components to your Plant 3D Valves Catalogue and in General Properties reference the ValveBodyType, ValveAlignmentType, ValveDetailType added to the P3dEnumeration file. (It would be preferable to have an Instrument enumeration file in place of the Valve enumeration file but I am not aware of any). 
  • Add these Catalogue components to your Piping Spec(s).
  • In Project Setup use Object Mapping to map the P&ID classes to the 3D components you have added to your catalogue and specs. If using Block based components you will need to run PlantPartConvert, etc etc.
    Good Luck,
    Bruce
Screencast will be displayed here after you click Post.

eef96599-2496-4e5a-98f3-c71847d70571

B i T
Message 4 of 4
bstrevena
in reply to: bstrevena

https://autode.sk/32VZV5R

Screencast link.

B i T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report