AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking singal lines for say PS

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mohammed_cameGQHXZ
180 Views, 2 Replies

Breaking singal lines for say PS

Hi guys, I am doing a P&ID for a university project. I currently have a Pressure Switch on the far right of my diagram on a permeate line from a reverse osmosis array. I have a lot of piping and signal lines from controller to actuator and motors already. I want to break the control signal to the pump at the beginning of the drawing to avoid a lot of long signal lines, is this possible

So just to elaborate, I am for now only working on the P&ID and I am using ISO 15519. Just to give an example of my question I have included a snapshot. From my understanding of the ISO standard the control signal lines have to be shown between S functions (S-S). As I am only showing the actuation and not the control loop or design of the system there are a lot of signal lines, how can i shorten them.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
h_eger
in reply to: mohammed_cameGQHXZ

@mohammed_cameGQHXZ ,

You can use it to solve your problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkvU_LcM6E

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
mohammed_cameGQHXZ
in reply to: h_eger

I can then show the signal lines as not complete? I have changed the settings but then is it okay just to draw a portion of the line and group it? Lastly, i hit the undo command too many times and now my drawing has changed a lot, how can i go back to what i had since there is no redo command showing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report