AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM on isos screwed up after changing colors

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1092 Views, 11 Replies

BOM on isos screwed up after changing colors

So I followed the instructions here to change BOM text color on the isos.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2014/05/bom-text-color-in-autocad-plant-3d-isometrics/

Afterwards, my table is all screwed up now and looks like the attached picture.  How do I fix the table format?  Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear @Anonymous,

before you make changes to the BOM list in the iso configuration please make some markings so that after the changes the BOM list will be brought to the correct size.
There is no guarantee that changes to the BOM list can change the column width.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

I think the issues liaises in locking of the cell. I have recently created my own ISO template successfully.

Once you unlock the cells to change the color, you may also directly adjust the column width to your desire length, before you lock the cells back. The Text height then will affect how tall the column will be, if the text starts to wrap.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

It seems that everything is out of order as well.  WIll trying to adjust the text correct the order as well?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

I have attached another image to show what is happening with the iso.  The 'ID' is not being populated and then all the cells are incorrect from that point on.

The bom list attachment is what my template is showing.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Hi Joetigerny,

I'm not sure, what makes it happen in that way, but did you try to had a look into the "Table Setup" and "Iso Themes"? I'm afraid that something got mixed up over there.

Another one, did you shift the table content in the table (meaning: trying to arrange a different order, e.g. from ID, QTY, ND, Description to ID, Description, ND, QTY). I would suggest using the "table setup" to arrange your required order (if that is the case).

Once you're done, you have to insert the BOM list again. Then you may start changing the color.

Here is my way of changing the color:

1. Highlight the Row, where you wish to change the color

Table.png

2. Open the properties and unlock the cells (Note: Row 1 and 2 are unlocked)

Table1.png

3. Change the text color through the Properties palette (you may also change other properties such as text height, but do not change the contents).

Table2.png

4. Lock the content and format back

Table3.png

That's basically is it and during the changes you does not need to select the cells again, unless you change the width of the cells (previously I had some issues with the cells width meanwhile the cells were locked).

I hope that helps to solve your issue.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Yes, I had to have screwed up the format somehow when I changed the color.  I went and got the template from another project and replaced the one in this project.  Then changed the color again and it worked just fine.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Good to hear that your could find a solution.

Message 9 of 12
mgalicki

It's been a while, but on this topic:

I tried to move some of the title block (fields) text to my prefered location.

It was putting my line no. in the job no box & the project title in the line no box??

After I moved these 2 items the Iso.dwt was not working.

So I replaced it with a known working file.

But the items are still in the wrong place??

Does it matter if you edit the dwt on it's own Or do you need to do it from within the Project setup dialog box?

See screen shots of Project setup dialog box.

Thanks for any help.

Mgee

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mgalicki

Hi Mgee,

First of all, Plant 3D related attributes is always better to create them thru the Plant 3D project setup. Some of the attributes created by Plant 3D may contain space, which usually is not allowed in the normal AutoCAD. If you wish to move them, you can do it with AutoCAD too, but do not create them there, if they are Plant 3D related.
After you've done the changes and closing the block, you have to use the command ATTSYNC. This command is used to synchronize the Attributes of the title block that you just changed. Without it, AutoCAD/Plant 3D may still refer to the old location and that might be the reason that your attributes got messed up.

Message 11 of 12
mgalicki

To be clear, What I edited was indeed in Plant 3D. Any ideas why the attributes are coming out in the wrong places?

So since I am doing all this editing within Plant 3D, do I still need to use the command ATTSYNC?

Thanks,

Mgee

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mgalicki

Mgee,

You still have to use ATTSYNC after you've done editing to any blocks, which contain attributes. No matter it is in Plant 3D or AutoCAD

1. Before edit

Before editingBefore editing

2. Editing in Block

Before:

In block editor before editingIn block editor before editing

After:

In block editor after editingIn block editor after editing

3. Close block and use ATTSYNC by selecting block

Before:

After closing  block and using ATTSYNCAfter closing block and using ATTSYNC

After:

After ATTSYNCAfter ATTSYNC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report