AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autogenerate expression by Project Field

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joanna.gonzalezMJU8Y
883 Views, 4 Replies

Autogenerate expression by Project Field

Hi all,

I am creating new tagging and annotations.

I open the autogenerate expression option by Project Field and the automatic tagging (MV01, MV02,MV03 so on) it is only working with some valves even if they have the same configuration.

For the remaining ones I need to insert the number by hand.

Attached is a picture

What I am doing wrong?

Regards

Yoa

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You must crate autogenerate expression  for  equipments or inleate asset group or indvidial in Tag format to activate and it will work its not automatic for all elements.For example if you want all the equipment to have this option you will do it on the whole group of equipment if you want only a pump to have then you will add only on it.

@joanna.gonzalezMJU8Y 

Message 3 of 5

Dear @djordje.korica ,

Thanks for your reply! But still having the problem...

Inside equipment I have different tagging expressions for next families:

-Pumps (P), Heat Exchangers (HE), Mechanical drivers (M)

So I have created a tag format for each family and insert the autogenerated tagging.

Problem I think that it is, that for Compressors+Blowers+Mechanical drivers I use the same M tagging value and linked to the same expression for the autogenerated tagging that I have created, but is not working for the mechanical drivers family and I do not know the reason of this.

Mainly all the symbols are created from me, however there are also symbols that already existed (ISO)

I have attached 2 more pictures explaining this problem.

Any idea about how to solve this?

Many thanks!

Message 4 of 5

I made test in plant 2021 and everything is working fine i   only make autogenerate expression on one taging logic for all equipments and its working autotaging for Mechanical drivers. Do check  maybe you missed something.

I send you a picture below.

@joanna.gonzalezMJU8Y 

Message 5 of 5

Ok many thanks!!!

I am working on the 2019 version... however as you said, it should work the same way.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta