AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D vz Revit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tom_t4BQY7
421 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D vz Revit

Hello! I'm a piping designer and i have a question. Wich programm is more useful and perspective in future for piping design of power plants and pump stations? Currently i have an experience in autocad plant 3d. But i heard an opinion that revit is more perspective. What is your opinion?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What you need to ask yourself is, "Does the client need Isometrics?". If the answer is "Yes", then you should use Plant3D. If the answer is "No", then you can pick the one you want, as they both do Piping. Hell, you could do the Piping in Inventor also if you really wanted to.

Having said that, if it's a Piping Project, I would still lean towards Plant3D. It links with the P&ID's, and automatically create's Isometrics with the click of a button. At the end of the day, Revit doesn't do those.

Message 3 of 5

Yes, i do only piping projects with P&ID. But isometric drawings i do rarely (Because client need it rarely).

Message 4 of 5

That's reason enough to stay with Plant3D. Revit *used* to have a link to the P&ID, but it was all cloud based also. Its gone now.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you, your reply is convincing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report