Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Desk Plant 3D Spec Editor: 2016

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
482 Views, 2 Replies

Auto Desk Plant 3D Spec Editor: 2016

I have to add item codes to some of items in SPEC and edit Long Description (Family) & Long Description (Size).

In excel i am changing them but these are not reflected to catalogue when i import excel file again.

Sometimes spec editor recognise changes but sometime it gives same issue.

Please help me solving this issue

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

I don't have any problem with long descr. and adding item codes.

First filter in catalog editor the item you want to change

filter1.JPG After that export to excel (you get an advertising error by excel extension, it doesn't matter), unprotect excel, and change all columns you want. Don't change columns order.

Import to catalog editor and accept all changes

import1.JPG

(in the image the accept all button is in grey becouse i don't make any change).

If the item you are changing is already at an spec, you must to delete it from spec, save, exit the programa and open it again. Then add the changed item to the spec.

If you don't close the program, the spec shows the "unchanged" item, it doesn't referesh all features. 

At least, it's my experience with catalog editor

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Basically i have copied items

and i have to change annotation and item codes but when i import them yellow highlight to changed items doesn;t appear neither any of the item is added

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report