AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach coordination Model

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sergej_dezelak
1610 Views, 4 Replies

Attach coordination Model

Hello,

I have problem.

In Plant 3D I Attach Coordination Model from Navisworks NWD file. Everything works fine in model space. But when I create Ortho there is no graphic from Navis only empty box.

Anyone has a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
h_eger
in reply to: sergej_dezelak

Dear @sergej_dezelak,

Ortho creation does not work with coordination model  *.nwd
The coordination model is intended only as support in the 3D planning and not for the ortho creation.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
sergej_dezelak
in reply to: h_eger

Thank you for your answer.

So what do you suggest me than. How can I get Navisworks file into Plant 3D, I need it only for reference.

Message 4 of 5
h_eger

Dear @sergej_dezelak,

NWD file are only intended as a reference to your Plant 3D model and NOT to the creation of Orthos.
For this you need a real 3D model made of solids or surfaces.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoC...

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Try this. In NavisWorks display only the items you want to export. Example, select the items you want and hide unselected. File > Export > FBX, uncheck textures light and cameras if you do not need them.  Might need to save down with FBX version. FBXImport into Plant3D. It will all come in on one layer unfortunately. Uncheck materials if you do not need them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta