AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Instrumentation Annotation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1262 Views, 2 Replies

Add Instrumentation Annotation

Hi All,

I'm trying to edit the standard Field Discrete Instrument and Primary Loc Accessible PLC Styles to add a small attribute to the top right corner. I'd like to use this to denote the type of instruments for analytical elements. Is this possible?

AE.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After spending another hour messing around with the setting, I finally figured it out. For the sake of anyone else who has the same question, I'll detail out how to do it.

1. Go into the project setup (command projectsetup) and navigate to the General Instrument Symbols section in the P&ID Drawing section. It's important that this is done under the group and not the individual block.

2. Add a property type. I chose to name mine Type2.

3. Write something in the default value column so you can find the annotation once it is added.

4. Change the current annotation to "Tag" and then click "Add annotation". Change the Symbol name and block name to whatever you want it to be. Make sure that the Auto Insert option is set at Insert with Prompt. 

5. Go into the block and change the attribute Tag value to "(TargetObject.Type2)" without quotations and close the block editor.

Now if you save and go into your drawing, select an instrument tag and put the value in the "type 2" property. Right click and annotate the symbol with your newly created annotation and you're set!

Project Setup.PNG

Message 3 of 3
pablo.bonilla
in reply to: Anonymous

Can it be done entirely into the annotations menu?  It would be a bit more accurate from the normative persepctive... even though, I take it.. It solves a lot of problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report