AutoCAD on the web Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s AutoCAD on the web Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on the web topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AutoCAD Web says the block library set in Google Drive is in a Local Location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
querryrenolld
329 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Web says the block library set in Google Drive is in a Local Location

I wanted to set a block library so I can insert blocks to my project without hassle even when im not at home, so I followed AutoCAD's instruction to set it. I've set my Blocks Library in Google Drive through AutoCAD Desktop>Blocks Palette>SyncBlocksSetting, or something along that word and went to AutoCAD Web, but it says that its in a local location, confusingly enough, I see the folders i've set it to, and tried to change and add subfolders to that folders in AutoCAD Desktop, and see the changes too on the AutoCAD Web.

For Context:
Im in an "Education's Plan" or uses a student access for AutoDesk. I dont know if this could be a reason but im speculating about it.

Additional Info:
I went to Google One Team's Support Desk and told me that google drive has no fault in this matter, and advised me to reach out to AutoCAD's support desk but since im in an Education Plan, that service is not available to me. ๐Ÿ˜ž

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Make sure that sync setting is on in your AutoCAD that it is properly linking to google drive. And also make sure that you logged in AutoCAD and AutoWeb account with the same google account. 

Message 3 of 3

as far as i know with the sync settings, all i needed to do was set a cloud supported folder and tick a box about autocad being able to recognize me by account, or is there something i've missed? the google account is pretty much a guarantee that i've logged in the same account.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report